Forza horizon 5 crashes at initial loading screen

Discus and support Forza horizon 5 crashes at initial loading screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, this is the second time my horizon 5 can't launch. This happened right after the whole Japanese series ended. It's Friday, the second day after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tsukicchi, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Tsukicchi
    Tsukicchi Guest

So, this is the second time my horizon 5 can't launch.

This happened right after the whole Japanese series ended. It's Friday, the second day after that series ended, I wanted to launch the game but it crashes at startup. My system hasn't changed at all, no new programs, no new peripherals, it's all the same. Literally the only thing that changed is that the game probably updated. I don't know if it did or not because the xbox app doesn't tell you if a game has been recently updated. At least not easily. But since I just reinstalled the game it probably won't tell me anyway.

The last time I had an issue like this where my horizon 5 wouldn't launch the only fix was to literally reinstall Windows. I. Am. Not. Doing. That. Again. Thank you.

There is nothing in event viewer this time either. I launch the game, it shows the initial licensing thing and I get some very small audio crackles, then gets 2 seconds into the intro animation with the speedometer and then it shuts down without an error message or anything.

Again, nothing has changed in my system. No new devices, new programs, no new settings. Nothing but the game. There's also no antivirus other than Windows defender.

So what am I to do this time? I hope this time it can be fixed without having to take 3 days of my time again to reinstall Windows and all the other programs.

So if anyone has any idea what it could be I'd appreciate the help!

:)

Tsukicchi, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Forza Horizon 5 crashing on loading screen

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly check out this Forza support article for the issue you're experiencing.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...
  3. Jesse E' Win User

4. keramii Win User

I had already tried some of the given solutions before, but it still wouldnt start. I can only try those which I havent tried yet.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Loading Screen Crash

Hi PyralClips,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Forza Horizon 5 when it keeps on crashing while launching. Please check Known Issues for any updates regarding this.

Recent update as of the moment this reply is posted:

• Players on Steam and Windows may see frequent crashing while playing
      • Examples of the error codes being seen are 0xc0000005 (access violation) and 0x0000001d (failed install or uninstall of system-level software)
      • This may be caused by hardware issues such as faulty RAM, file errors or corruption, or PC settings.
    For contacting Xbox Support team, please go to https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Just a heads up, they are currently experiencing high volume of calls and chats. We appreciate your patience in waiting. (Xbox Support)

[​IMG]

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. keramii Win User

Hello,

sadly none of these have helped me. The issue is still there. The only explanation I could have for it, is that maybe my version is corrupted.
Thema:

1. Forza horizon 5 crashes at initial loading screen - Similar Threads - Forza horizon crashes

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...