Forza Horizon 5 crash after startup with 0xc0000005 code in Event Viewer

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 crash after startup with 0xc0000005 code in Event Viewer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 11 Home 22H2 Amd Radeon RX 6600XT Amd Ryzen 5 5500 2x8gb RAM @3600Mhz ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS Kioxia-exceria g2 SSD My game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Damian Kuzniarski, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Forza Horizon 5 crash after startup with 0xc0000005 code in Event Viewer

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 22H2

Amd Radeon RX 6600XT

Amd Ryzen 5 5500

2x8gb RAM @3600Mhz

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS

Kioxia-exceria g2 SSD

My game after startup is running for 10 seconds with black screen, then it turns off.

:)

Damian Kuzniarski, Jan 12, 2023
  2. StevenK_M Win User

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)
  3. StevenK_M Win User

Hello Damian Kuzniarski,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Xbox Community forums. I'm sorry to hear about this issue on your game. I understand how concerning it is to have such problem. Please do know that this is not the experience we want you to have.

In this case, to perform some troubleshooting on your device, please follow the methods first on Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows device | Xbox Support.

If issue still persists, you might want to check with Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net).

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

StevenK
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Forza Horizon 5 crash with 0xc0000005 code in Event Viewer.

I'm sorry nothing worked so far.

You said that this issue started following a Windows 11 update, right? Would you please try to uninstall it?

Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Update History, then click Uninstall Updates. Right-click on the recent updates added to your computer after the one you want to go back to, then click Uninstall.

Please see if Forza starts to run again. If it does not work, I will try to restore your system to a point before this update using system recovery points. Let me know how it goes, please.
  5. Sebastian1991 Win User

Just finished doing all the steps, did an extra restart to be sure and launched the game from the game folder itself as Admin and I get this one again:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.455.709.0, time stamp: 0x62610283

Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 1.455.709.0, time stamp: 0x62610283

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x0000000000ff4398

Faulting process id: 0x2a6c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d8803d862546d1

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon5\ForzaHorizon5.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ForzaHorizon5\ForzaHorizon5.exe

Report Id: fa448d5d-3c42-4e05-93e6-e77b1f543f39

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have not changed any settings and the launch options still include the commands you provided earlier. Any other form of hardware acceleration I have on my PC is turned off to the best of my knowledge, including the graphic settings in the Windows Control Panel display settings. Game Mode is also turned off and makes no difference whether on or off, same with the Xbox Game Bar. I also made sure to update the Xbox app and log back in to the same account I had been playing the game with before.
  6. Sebastian1991 Win User

Hey Lucas, uninstalled everything and still no luck haha. I had actually set a system recovery point prior to doing any type of troubleshooting here. Could I just restore to that point that I have saved and just hope one day the game works again?

edit: nevermind, the saved restore point no longer exists lol. I can just leave everything as is couldn't I? This way I have a clean install of Windows again moving forward. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 crash after startup with 0xc0000005 code in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon crash

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...