Forza Horizon 5 Black Loading Screen

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 Black Loading Screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Forza Horizon 5, which I purchased from the Microsoft Store before launch day. This issue has plagued my experience since the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JREEL_, Nov 22, 2022.

1. JREEL_
    JREEL_ Guest

I am having an issue with Forza Horizon 5, which I purchased from the Microsoft Store before launch day. This issue has plagued my experience since the beginning of the year, around January. I've contacted support prior to this issue, however it was to no avail. My issue is after I boot up the game on my PC and the Microsoft/Turn 10 logo screens disappear, I am literally staring at a black screen for a minimal of 30 seconds. This is right before the opening intro/menu of the game pops up which would allow you to start the game and/or adjust settings. I will provide a desktop recording of it, using Nvidia Shadowplay, so there is a clear visual presentation of what the issue is. I also noticed I don't have any loading screens of the actual in game wallpapers/photos that used to show when I first purchased the game. Everything is a black screen. I have reinstalled the game more times than I can remember and it hasn't worked. I have changed the install directory and that didn't work. I have repaired and reset the game via the Windows / app settings and that hasn't worked. I noticed this issue didn't exist until the update where they allowed us to see the install folders on our PC, which was around January if I recall correctly. I would appreciate any help on this manner to help my fix this issue. Here is the link to the video showing what my issue is.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO

:)

JREEL_, Nov 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I was double checking to see if this is a known issue. But there is no something like that on the known issues website
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

I can suggest you three more things before contacting Forza support:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one causing conflicts

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

2. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. JREEL_ Win User

I tried all of the above steps from the article, as well as the suggestions you listed. None of the above solved the issue. I have a feeling this has something to do with the game files themselves. Maybe a file is missing? I have no idea. My game runs fine with the exception of the black loading screens (which are supposed to show Forza wallpapers).
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Jreel_
    May I assume that you already tried everything from the article above?

If that’s the case, we can try to isolate the problem a bit more:

A. If you have any hardware component overclocked, please turn disable the overclock feature and try again

B. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

C. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

D. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. JREEL_ Win User

I've followed theseand still no success in resolving the issue. At this point I may just leave it alone. It's not anything that ruins the gaming experience for me. It's just annoying to sit and stare at a black screen for a minute straight before the opening menu appears.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 Black Loading Screen - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Black

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 black screen after game launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 black screen after game launch: Hi, i have a major problem with FH5 on windows 11 I have played FH5 on windows 10 normally, but as soon as I upgraded to W11 I started having problems with it... I see black screen after the...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 Black Screen After Intro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Black Screen After Intro: I can't play FH5 because of a black screen after intro I download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Game Pass and when I start the game after the Xbox and Turn10 intro there a black screen Here...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 Black screen, but I get audio. Please help!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Black screen, but I get audio. Please help!!: I launch the game, I get all the way to the Xbox game studios animation, and then my screen goes black, but I still get audio. I Alt+F4 out of the game, but I still am getting the audio. I have...
  6. forza horizon 4 black screen

in XBoX on Windows
    forza horizon 4 black screen: I bought forza horizon 4 yesterday, downloaded it and wanted to play. When I start the game I get a black screen. I've already reinstalled the game once, but doesn't work. does anyone know how to...
  7. Forza Horizon , Hitman absolution ,Assassin's Creed , Call of Duty black ops are not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon , Hitman absolution ,Assassin's Creed , Call of Duty black ops are not...: Forza Horizon Hitman absolution Assassin's Creed Call of Duty black ops Most of the backward compatible games are not working on my xbox one s . ..it says it is not compatible . . However I...
  8. PC Crashes to BLACK screen in FORZA Horizon 4 - The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load...

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Crashes to BLACK screen in FORZA Horizon 4 - The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load...: Hey ! i have issue , when i play like hour or even 30 mins i got black screen and need to restart my PC all of my drivers are up to date i got this message after i check it in events monitor on...
  9. One year on Forza Horizon 4 and COD Black ops 4 heads up!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One year on Forza Horizon 4 and COD Black ops 4 heads up!: One year on and the ins and outs of the game and the updated maps and bonus content gets released. What did you enjoy through the year of these two releases? c056386b-db4f-450f-b219-c07eb7776b00
  10. looking for chill people to chat and play Black Ops 2, Dead Island, Crysis 3, Forza Horizon ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    looking for chill people to chat and play Black Ops 2, Dead Island, Crysis 3, Forza Horizon ...: looking for cool people to chat and play multiplayer with...maybe create a party group.. my game library (my sister stole half of them so these are the ones i have right now) Assassins Creed III...