Forza Horizon 4 won't start for child account

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 won't start for child account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am the parent account on my computer and have bought forza horizon 4 years ago. Both my children have accounts and microsoft accounts on the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mattg6, Nov 21, 2022.

1. mattg6
    mattg6 Guest

I am the parent account on my computer and have bought forza horizon 4 years ago. Both my children have accounts and microsoft accounts on the same computer. Just recently, one of my kids can no longer launch Forza on his account. There are no error messages, it just shows the splash screen and then closes.

I've changed nothing on the computer nor the microsoft account family settings. It just stopped working by itself.

How can I fix it and let my kids play the game I paid for.

These type of account problems are unacceptable...

:)

mattg6, Nov 21, 2022
  2. mattg6 Win User

Do you not think that running windows update would be an easier and less damaging way to get to the newest build number rather than an in place upgrade? I've done in place upgrades before, they never work right. It always breaks something on the system, either driver instability, specific programs, some other type of connection data loss...it is a last resort idea.

And I've shows the solution is much less invasive and functional. Why start your troubleshooting with system wide changes when the problem is isolated to a single program? That is just bad diagnostic technique and demonstrates a lack of understanding.
  3. mattg6 Win User

For anyone in the future who is reading this, don't follow the terrible advice about reinstalling the OS. Here is how I fixed it:

1. Make sure you are logged into the OS as the child account.

2. Got to the app settings for the Microsoft Store: Terminate the app, repair and reset everything.

3. Restart the microsoft store app and login with the parent (purchaser) account.

4. Uninstall the program either in the windows store or through the start menu. It will only remove it from the child account.

5. Find the problematic program in the app store (Forza for me) and reinstall

Problem solved.

It was all about something being broken or wrong with the microsoft store app and permissions. Nothing required an OS reinstall.
  4. mattg6 Win User

Are you kidding me? You suggest a complete OS re-install to fix a bloody microsoft account problem. That is absolutely insane suggestion.

Nothing else is a problem on this computer. No other program fail to work, and Forza even works on my parent account, just not the one child account. At best, a reasonable suggestion would be to zero out the child account....

But you suggest the nuclear option because you have no clue how to fix it? This is unacceptable...

Do better.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello mattg6,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I see that you are having trouble starting FH4 and that this is causing you problems. Let me see if there is any way I can help you with this issue.

To better understand the problem, let me pose the following queries:

• specifications, make, and model of the device?
    • Installed Windows edition and current version? (To view this, use Windows search to look for WINVER.)
    • Versions of the Xbox software and gaming services?
      • Access the Xbox app and choose the Profile photo.
    You can currently try the options given below and let us know whether the issue has been resolved based on the information you've supplied.

Before moving to the child profile where you wish to play the game, make sure all other profiles on the account are signed out.

Perform Clean boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Check for Windows Update

How to get software and driver updates for Windows devices | Xbox Support

How to find out if a game will play on your Windows device

How to find out if a game will play on your Windows device | Xbox Support

We eagerly await your response. Please send us a message if there are any questions about our description or if there are any misunderstandings.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello mattg6,

I sorry about the confusion. What I suggested was an in-place upgrade. I'm not seeing this as an irrelevant advice. If it is, I wouldn't be suggesting it. Our goal here in the community is to help one another and most of the members here are users like you.

An in-place upgrade install entails swapping out all of the operating system files for Windows 10 on a computer and you are correct about it. The best part is that already-installed software and applications are left unaltered, leaving user files completely alone, while also preserving numerous settings and preferences.

As you can see, your current OS is running on Windows 10 Version 21H2 (build 19044.2251), which is not the latest. We always make sure that your device is running the latest Windows Version, this mostly resolves any issues you are encountering on your device.

It's good to hear that you were able to resolve this problem, as it will be very helpful for the rest of the community members who may face similar problems in the future.

If you have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to ask the community at any moment.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 won't start for child account - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon won't

2. Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?: Purchased an Xbox Xseries for Christmas. It was the for,a horizon edition. I also purchased a 3 month xbox gold card which I've read has actually been rebranded as "core pass"? Or something like...
  3. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...
  4. My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...: Both discs are perfect I'm the only owner and they work one my Xbox one no issue. But put them in the series X and I get nothing at all. Please help! 32e7c5ab-f975-43db-84cc-af08c862bd71
  5. Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?: Cant log into Forza Horizon 5. 0da386f2-07be-45a1-98d7-63de8e39c93e
  6. Forza Horizon 5 won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't start.: I have GamePass Ultimate. I have it on the main C drive, SSD. I press play on the XBOX app, nothing happens. I have it run on administrator on Windows 7 compatibility mode (and have tried Windows...
  7. Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update: Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update 53aa9a15-004c-420e-a9e7-a9ab3ffa0735
  8. Forza Horizon 5 won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't load: enever I select the game, it starts to load fine, but when it gets to the PG logo intro it freezes and after a while the screen goes blank and then after another minute it goes to the main video...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 won't boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't boot: I have tried almost anything and am willing to do whatever at this point. I have been trying for 4 to 5 months to play forza again, it works with cloud gaming, but when I boot it on my PC I get...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 won't launch.

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 5 won't launch.: Hello I have bought FH5 a few days ago but it does not launch in any possible way, I have already tried uninstalling and following the common help article. My pc is also well capable of running...