Forza Horizon 4 (Steam) crashes when go online

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 (Steam) crashes when go online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone. So recently i couldn't get into Forza Horizon 4. I tried to reinstall it and started a new game (by this guide). At some point in autumn... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FriendlyArc81, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Forza Horizon 4 (Steam) crashes when go online

Hi everyone. So recently i couldn't get into Forza Horizon 4. I tried to reinstall it and started a new game (by this guide). At some point in autumn tutorial (after first free house) it crashed again. And now it crashes every time i try to start a game (menu works fine).

Also i guess i somehow linked one Steam game on two Microsoft accounts (i have two Microsoft accounts, one old account from GFWL and one new). I tried to play both of them and it still not working. I done both login into those accounts on main menu and link them to Steam in pop-up window.

Here is crash log from Windows Journal (code 1000 and 1001, version 1.476.400.0, Exception code: 0xc0000005, Error offset: 0000000003f49a74):

https://mega.nz/file/zLgRiBoI#YjX8iEWMy8j913vdJHyF6db1MsksbnCjfFC4BISzH7o

:)

FriendlyArc81, Oct 17, 2022
  2. FriendlyArc81 Win User

3. FriendlyArc81 Win User

So i've reinstalled Windows 10 and also bought FH5. It was perfectly fine. But then i decided to also install FH4. Now i was able to play online but at some point it started to crash to desktop. Now it was error about ntdll.dll. It was crashing after each race.

The solution: downgrade Nvidia drivers to 522.25. Maybe it would also help me without the Windows wipe, maybe not, never tried it before.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

It's difficult to say with FH4 and Steam. FH5 works fine because Steam was part of the initial programming and integrated into it from the start...with FH4, Steam was crowbarred into an already 2 year old game and they did an absolutely appalling job of it...to this day, online basically remains broken as it can take an hour or more to complete a set of 3 races. So, it really could be any of those things that solved it or it was just luck.

Anyway, glad you have resolved it and can play the game...despite it's issues, FH4 is still a good and fun game to play...in many ways it is better than FH5
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

6. FriendlyArc81 Win User

Yes, i tried pretty much all of it. Also found this question (i am not sure if i played the game normally before update or not last time). Steps from here also not helping.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 (Steam) crashes when go online - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Steam

2. Can i get my progress on forza horizon 5 from gamepass on steam?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i get my progress on forza horizon 5 from gamepass on steam?: I bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam and I had previously played this game with Gamepass and I had a lot of progress and I would like to know if I can get my stuff because I just entered I put my...
  3. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  4. i bought forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 microsoft store: i bought Forza horizon 4 on steam can i play it on windows 11 Microsoft store, please guide 1412602f-c902-41fb-8fd7-da3a4010bf38
  5. If i have Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass for Xbox App on PC and then i play FH5 on Steam with my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i have Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass for Xbox App on PC and then i play FH5 on Steam with my...: I have FH5 Car Pass bought on Xbox App on my account but i recently purchased FH5 on Steam. I know the progress of the game is not shared between Xbox App and Steam and i needed to start from 0...
  6. forza horizon 5 xbox to steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    forza horizon 5 xbox to steam: Hello. I have a question. I played forza horizon 5 for about 1 year on xbox one with the help of the xbox gamepass subscription, now I would like to buy the game on steam but I want to know if...
  7. Problem with Forza horizon 5 steam and xbox live account (progres loss?)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with Forza horizon 5 steam and xbox live account (progres loss?): I logged out of my Xbox account on Forza Horizon 5 (Steam version), and when I tried to log back in, it doesn't display my gamertag (Tr4uko501); instead, it shows a generic gamertag (player...
  8. Help I own forza horizon 4 on steam and it doesn't show on the xbox app for pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help I own forza horizon 4 on steam and it doesn't show on the xbox app for pc.: I think because of the error in the app that is why it keeps crashing. I own some dlc and I would like to keep playing the game that I paid for because I already sunk almost 100 hours in the...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 not Launching through steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 not Launching through steam.: Forza Horizon 4 won't launch through steam and is not visible in the xbox app in installed games. The game wont launch and gets stuck at the splash screen and eats up the ram then crashes along...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 crashing at startup using on Steam Deck: So as the title suggests, my horizon 5 keeps crashing at launch. The exit from the game happens when I login in my xbox account and click "start game" or "accessibility/settings" button at the...