Forza horizon 4 PC; Multiplayer doesn't work

Discus and support Forza horizon 4 PC; Multiplayer doesn't work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently been trying to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC, but have not been able to play online with some of my friends or even join a multiplayer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CruzCraft, Feb 16, 2022.

1. CruzCraft
    CruzCraft Guest

I have recently been trying to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC, but have not been able to play online with some of my friends or even join a multiplayer session. Specifically the game just sits with the upper message that its looking for a session forever. Friends have tried to join my game but they never load in. I tried installing the game through the Microsoft store via a family members microsoft account (who has game pass ultimate). When the multiplayer originally didn't work then I thought it might be because of the way my account was linked to the game (downloaded game through family members account, switched to my own to launch the game), however that method worked fine for other games like Sea of Thieves, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in this case. Anyway, to try and narrow down what could be keeping me from play FH4 online, I bought the game through steam and signed into Forza with my xbox account, thinking that this way I now fully own the game. The only problem is when I went to play forza through steam, all of my progress was gone. Apparently it doesn't transfer between steam and xbox DESPITE the fact you still sign in with your xbox account when playing through steam, which is just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen a game platform do. (and i play a lot of ea games). anyways I had almost a hundred hours of playtime in FH4 through the xbox/microsoft store version just going through the seasons racing with bots, and really don't want to have to redo everything in steams version (mainly the unskipable dozen hours of intro). Can anyone help me figure out a way to get the multiplayer working, or even (doubt this is even possible) botch the steam version somehow to carry progress?

:)

CruzCraft, Feb 16, 2022
  2. Master Zoen Win User

Upgraded Windows to 1903, Xbox Live Multiplayer is not working now

Thanks for trying Lester, but none of that helped. Still unable to connect to multiplayer in Forza Horizon 3 or Forza Horizon 4 on PC.
  3. Kazukyyy Win User

Cant join clubs or make them on pc.

You don't need Gold for a Forza Horizon 4 Club. I was able to join a Forza Horizon 3 club aswell on pc. And on PC Gold doesn't exist
  4. Nursemorph Win User

As the Independent Advisor has noted (with their copy'pasting the information from the Forza website), Steam and Xbox are separate saves...apparently it is too difficult to integrate into the system (it's the same with FH5). I am not entirely surprised as they just crowbarred Steam into FH4 without much thought into it...FH5 is, essentially, FH4 with a makeover so it's no surprise there either. Maybe FH6 might finally allow it.

Unfortunately, far as I know, there is no way to botch a MS Store save into a Steam save.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For multiplayer issue you can check the steps on this link for it to work: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Now, in regards to your Steam version of the game.

Your save file which includes progress and in game items on Steam is completely unique and separate from any pre-existing save file that’s associated with your Xbox Live gamertag, due to technical limitations. This includes user-generated content like liveries, layer groups, blueprints, etc... However, there are a few exceptions:

1. Leaderboards are one per gamertag. May the best profile win.

2. Clubs are one per gamertag. Join once, play anywhere.

3. Share codes can be used anywhere.

4. Backstage passes and Forzathon points are linked to the gamertag.

5. Gift messages that have already been redeemed on another platform with your gamertag are not resent to the Steam version.
  6. Twitch AkaAroze Win User

Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

Also having the same issue. This also prevents from playing online multiplayer games that are tied to xbox.

For example, I am not able to connect to the online multiplayer for Forza Horizon 4.

I've already tried every step there is and it still doesn't work.
Thema:

1. Forza horizon 4 PC; Multiplayer doesn't work - Similar Threads - Forza horizon Multiplayer

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  6. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  7. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  8. problem with joining to forza horizon 4 multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with joining to forza horizon 4 multiplayer: Hello i recently bought the xbox game pass and we wanted to play with friends but i cannot join any multiplayer session, they dont have this problem. Could you simplify the reasoning why ? im not...
  9. Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work: when i press forza life it says online connection error 5a9e7987-15b2-498c-b74a-5c226f7d1ea4
  10. Forza Horizon 3 - Online Multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 3 - Online Multiplayer: Okay - so I bought FH3+4 Ultimate, a code and once entered the game, (Horizon 3) I noticed that you were able to download paints and use the auction house. But, I also noticed that you weren't...