Forza Horizon 4 freezes when playing online

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 freezes when playing online in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I just re-downloaded Forza Horizon 4 from Steam after a few months of not playing it, the game freezes after 20 minutes or so of playing. Back... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RubyRze27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. RubyRze27
    RubyRze27 Guest

Hello
    I just re-downloaded Forza Horizon 4 from Steam after a few months of not playing it, the game freezes after 20 minutes or so of playing. Back then the game works perfectly fine on my device. I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting tips but none worked, I even tried to do a clean re-install of the game on an internal SSD (I tried to play on an external SSD and thought it was the problem). So if anyone can help, thank u in advance.

:)

RubyRze27, Nov 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, to try it, try putting McAfee to sleep so it doesn't start, McAfee is a good antivirus but it's also too heavy for your PC.

After you disable McAfee, perform these procedures and retest Forza.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  3. RubyRze27 Win User

Hello, I think I am currently on version 21H2 of Windows 11 and yes I have already got Xbox Companion App installed. I believe I do have McAfee antivirus running on the background but I don't think that's the case though. Because when FH4 was running, I checked Task Manager and I can see that there are more than 40% of RAM left
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello RubyRze27, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

Also check what different you may have installed on your system as some antivirus or spyware that may be running on it and taking up system memory.
  5. HeatherMcCoog Win User

Games Won't Run

And sometimes when i click the Close button when it says Forza Horizon 4 took took to long to load it freezes of like 10-20 seconds
  6. XBF Paul M Win User

probleme de jeu en ligne forza horizon 4 [Transltion - Forza Horizon 4 Online game problem ]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like when you try to play Forza Horizon 4 online it doesn't allow you to join an online session. I was able to find something about this on the

Forza Forums
    . If you could also provide further information I.E. Error Codes, Nat issues, game freezing. I hope the information I provided was helpful.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 freezes when playing online - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon freezes

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  6. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  7. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  8. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  9. Error in forza horizon 4 freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error in forza horizon 4 freezing: when i launched my game its start smoothly but after some time it freeze on the screen please help me in this situation The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 1.477.175.0 stopped interacting with...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 Freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Freezing: Hi everyone, I resonantly experienced some issues with FH5. Since the games release I never had any problems with it crashing ore freezing until now. I don´t know what happened but it freezes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 4 freezing pc