Forza Horizon 4 eats up all the RAM when trying to startup and then crashes

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 eats up all the RAM when trying to startup and then crashes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Forza Horizon 4 through Steam. I installed the game several months ago on my Windows 10 machine and everything was working fine. Recently,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pierre C123, May 14, 2023.

1. Pierre C123
    Pierre C123 Guest

I purchased Forza Horizon 4 through Steam. I installed the game several months ago on my Windows 10 machine and everything was working fine.

Recently, I upgraded my computer, switching from an Intel CPU to an AMD 7800x3d and Windows 11 at the same time. I reinstalled Forza through Steam and the install completed without issue. The problem is when I start the game. Here's the behavior:

- The splash screen shows up (the small image of a car that appears while the game is loading)

- Using HWINFO64 I can see my physical RAM and virtual RAM usage going up indefinitely until there's no more RAM

- Forza then crashes (the small image dissapears)

I have 32GB of physical RAM and 23 GB of it is available when I launch Forza.

I know it's Forza eating up all the RAM because if I stop it while it's loading (through Steam, which I presume kills the task) immediately the memory usage lowers to normal levels (around 8GB is used normally when I'm on my desktop).

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Pierre C123, May 14, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Pierre, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you willing to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected RAM consumption when playing Forza Horizon 4.
    May I know if the issue occurs with other games or is just this one?

And, may I know if you tried the possible solutions provided in this related article?
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...
  3. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Forza Horizon 4

If Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on your PC, it may also be triggered by some RAM issues. In this case, it is necessary to clear your standby memory before you play Forza Horizon 4. You can clear your standby memory by using RAMMap, a freeware from Microsoft. :D Let me know if that helps!
  4. suryamudaliar Win User

Forza Horizon 4

If Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on your PC, it may also be triggered by some RAM issues. In this case, it is necessary to clear your standby memory before you play Forza Horizon 4. You can clear your standby memory by using RAMMap, a freeware from Microsoft. :D Let me know if that helps!
    I did clear my standup memory.
    All my device drivers are up tp date.
    I do have good graphic card and have all the other required system needs to play the game.

Nothing seems to work, it crashes every time without any error messages.
  5. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Forza Horizon 4 wont start

Hi Joakim,

Sorry to hear Forza Horizon keeps crashing right after the picture.
    If Forza Horizon 4 is disabled from being a background app it may crash or hang when suspending and resuming. check whether the setting is set to Off: Privacy > Background apps > Forza Horizon 4 > Off. Please keep this setting On.

I hope this helps ^‿^
  6. Duster589 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 crashes after selecting continue (PC)

There are a number of things that can cause crashes in Forza Horizon 4. It could be another program running or even just needing to update your GPU driver. Here is a link to a thread with some known issues and possible solutions to try. I would make sure
    your GPU driver is up to date first.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/forza-horizon-4-pc-error-0xc0000005-preventing-many-users-from-starting-the-game.72412/

Also look at the Forza forums pages for help as well.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm976677findlastpost_Fix-to-Forza-Horizon-4-Crashing-Constantly---PC---Random-Crashes.aspx#post1067194
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 eats up all the RAM when trying to startup and then crashes - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon eats

2. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  5. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  6. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  7. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  8. I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...: Is there any way of me trying to fix this problem. It’s not a hardware issue at all it’s a brand new series X console. a0ee6023-059f-4c37-8e25-79060bed293c
  9. Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.: Forza Ban History Page get stuck on F (forza) logo.. Please Help. I have tried different browsers and devices.. no luck. 6b602935-0432-4abf-af67-8e247a516a69
  10. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...