Forza Horizon 4 Demo crashing / closing on startup...

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 Demo crashing / closing on startup... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Same issue. Game is open for maybe a full second, then crashes with no error message. Was working fine earlier today. All drivers updated, tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XI BigEll IX, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Slowbird98
    Slowbird98 Guest

Same issue. Game is open for maybe a full second, then crashes with no error message. Was working fine earlier today. All drivers updated, tried restart. Also do not have msi afterburner or riva. Nothing else is running when i start the game.

Slowbird98, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Slowbird98
    Slowbird98 Guest
    Update, the issue is definitely some kind of interference with the Windows 10 Store. Open the store, download a free app for something you want like Pandora or anything really. Once that is installed Forza Horizon 4 will open and stay running. Using the
    store must refresh or overwrite some file that's missing.

Slowbird98, Sep 30, 2018
  3. XI BigEll IX
    XI BigEll IX Guest
    Well... there's definitely something wrong here because I've went into the store and downloaded "Asphalt 8: Airborne" and yet the issue still persists. On top of that, to my surprise, even the free app that I've downloaded doesn't load up, however that was
    a game that I've already installed before but then uninstalled. I'm going to try and download "Asphalt 9: Legends", which I've never owned before, and see if that changes anything. Appreciate the suggestion.

Edit:

Okay, firstly I installed Asphalt 9: Legends which does actually work, played the first mission, and then went to try the Forza Horizon 4 Demo. However, I still get the same issue. I then tried installing an actual app (File Viewer Plus) and went through
    the same process, but I'm still getting the same problem with the Forza Horizon 4 Demo. So sadly, it doesn't seem to have worked for me. Also, if I remember correctly, I'm sure I tried this method with my Forza Horizon 3 game, that I paid £80 for might I add,
    which also doesn't work and is now uninstalled, but that didn't work either so I thought I'd give it another go. Now I don't dare to buy the full game in case the same happens with that, because I don't think Microsoft really seem to care / know how to fix
    their own problems.

XI BigEll IX, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Heifankl
    Heifankl Guest

I had to unplug my Mixed Reality Headset to immediately solve this Startup problem

Heifankl, Oct 2, 2018
  5. Got it working after messing around with Windows spatial sound

I flipped off disable audio effects and turned it back on.

Somehow its working again.

I also closed out of MSI afterburner

JonahSchiavone, Oct 2, 2018
  6. Heifankl
    Heifankl Guest
    Thanks a lot for your reply, Jonah. This is my first day writing on the Microsoft Community pages.

I am happy that I was able to finally test the Forza Horizon 4 Demo on my powerful PC after

I had unplugged my Mixed Reality Headset

Heifankl, Oct 2, 2018
  7. Jagg.
    Jagg. Guest
    I have the same problem it was the only game I have been looking forward to and when i launch it, it crashes on the start up screen

I have msi after burner disabled ect

I have a nvidia 1080ti I7 7700k and my drivers are updated

Jagg., Oct 2, 2018
  8. Heifankl
    Heifankl Guest

Interesting: Forza Horizon 3 starts perfectly with the Mixed Reality Headset plugged in

Heifankl, Oct 2, 2018
  9. e94_mli
    e94_mli Guest
    Thanks for the tip!

I disabled it in the device manager, instead of unplugging, and the game worked. This way you can enable it again when you are done with Forza and not worry about the cables.

e94_mli, Oct 10, 2018
  10. hi there

im having the same exact problem but i have tried even single method or thing i can think of and i have also tried another 28 methods on top of that. its still not working. all my drivers and windows is up to date and its still not lanching. i have also
    re installed the game 3 times and still dosnt work pleas help man nothing works :[

EmbeddedAxis44, Oct 12, 2018
  11. Heifankl
    Heifankl Guest
    I am sorry to learn about your ongoing problems

when trying to start Forza Horizon 4. It is a great

game with very beautiful graphics. I am pretty

sure that your problem is related to your hardware

such as your sound system ( have you tried to

shut it off on your device manager ?) or to

something like the mixed reality headset as in my

case

Heifankl, Oct 12, 2018
  12. Alirezarz62
    Alirezarz62 Guest
    I've tried every method and still not working! I have the ultimate version of the game but i couldn't start the game yet! this is so frustrating!

Alirezarz62, Oct 14, 2018
  13. enemy101
    enemy101 Guest

Did ya try reinstalling windows?

enemy101, Oct 30, 2018
  14. Heifankl
    Heifankl Guest
    Not necessary. Deactivating mixed reality headset

has solved the problem

Heifankl, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: