Forza Horizon 4 crashing when opening menu

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 crashing when opening menu in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Forza Horizon 4 on windows 11 through steam. Whenever I open my in game menu to view the map or change cars, my game freezes for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ethan Tender, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Ethan Tender
    Ethan Tender Guest

Hello. I am running Forza Horizon 4 on windows 11 through steam. Whenever I open my in game menu to view the map or change cars, my game freezes for a few seconds then crashes completely. I tried completely uninstalling the game but the issue keeps coming back. Thanks

:)

Ethan Tender, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Ethan Tender Win User

1. I have tried updating my windows 11 to the latest updates and that doesn't solve the problem.

2. I have rolled back my Nvidia drivers due to a game freezing issue with the latest ones.

3. How would I go about removing a games saved files? And would that mean I have to restart all game progress?

Thanks.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

This issue is likely caused by a compatibility problem between the game and your version of Windows 11. Some players have reported similar issues on the game's forum and have resolved the issue by doing the following:

Updating Windows 11 to the latest version

Updating your graphics card driver

Verify the integrity of the game files in Steam

Remove the game save files and start a new game

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact the game's developer or the Steam support team for further assistance.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Payed but received nothing

should be unlocked in the forza horizon 4 game, just open the main game and select it from the menu.
  5. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Forza Horizon 4 wont start

Hi Joakim,

Sorry to hear Forza Horizon keeps crashing right after the picture.
    If Forza Horizon 4 is disabled from being a background app it may crash or hang when suspending and resuming. check whether the setting is set to Off: Privacy > Background apps > Forza Horizon 4 > Off. Please keep this setting On.

I hope this helps ^‿^
  6. Nirjhor Barua Win User

Save progress in Forza Horizon 4 Demo

I have Forza Horizon 4 Demo and some races completed, but every time I close and open the app again, it resets like I never opened the game. Is there a fix for this or do I have to buy the real game? Even when saving changes and exiting from the ESC menu it saves nothing.
    I have Forza Horizon 4 Demo and some races completed, but every time I close and open the app again, it resets like I never opened the game. Is there a fix for this or do I have to buy the real game? Even when saving changes and exiting from the ESC menu it saves nothing.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 crashing when opening menu - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon crashing

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...