Forza Horizon 4 constantly crashing on Windows 10 even after several attempts to fix it

Discus and support Forza Horizon 4 constantly crashing on Windows 10 even after several attempts to fix it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I've contacted the Forza Support (https://support.forzamotorsport.net) several times now, and this time they redirected me to this forum. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RGB4Kgaming, Jan 21, 2021.

1. RGB4Kgaming
    RGB4Kgaming Guest

Forza Horizon 4 constantly crashing on Windows 10 even after several attempts to fix it

Hi there,

I've contacted the Forza Support (https://support.forzamotorsport.net) several times now, and this time they redirected me to this forum.

I bought the game's "Ultimate Edition" in December 2018 when it was still brand new, downloaded it (took very long due to its large size) and started it. It took me through the intro and then suddenly stopped working (grey screen, then closing to desktop,
    no error message). I restarted and the same happened. I then contacted their support and followed the steps they suggested. One redownload later the game started fine and I could play for approx. 5 minutes and then it showed the same behavior. I then upgraded
    my RAM from 8 to 16 GB and later to a brand new 32 GB kit suspecting it may be not enough, problem still persisted. Over the timespan leading up to this point I've tried many things (below you find a list) and contacted support multiple times, all of that
    didn't work.

I also tried borrowing a PC from someone else and swapping out the drives with mine. On this machine (which had worse specifications as mine, e.g. only 8 GB of RAM) the game did actually work for a few days but then started showing the same behavior as described
    above again.

List of things I already tried:

1) Deleting and redownloading the game from the Microsoft Store (I've tried this three times)

2) Deleting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my PC (followed by the installation of all remaining Updates and a redownload of the game)

3) Trying various versions of the AMD Radeon Display Driver Software (after removing the previously installed version)

4) Trying different RAM sticks (I'm using a brand new 32 GB kit now)

5) Extensive hardware testing (done by a local professional) to ensure the Hardware is working as intended (they didn't see any problems)

6) Downloading a free app from the Microsoft Store

7) Uninstalling Audio Drivers and removing all sound devices from the PC (as it is sometimes recommended in unofficial forums)

8) Disabling Windows Defender in the settings (some people say this worked for them)

9) Killing the "explorer.exe" process after launching the game in Task Manager (some people on the forums said this worked for them)

10) Moving the game files to a different SSD through the settings app

11) Resizing the Page File in the system settings

12) Removing and reinstalling the XBOX Game Services app through the Microsoft Store

13) Redeploying the game using the "Get-AppXPackage" command in PowerShell

14) Disabling the Developer Mode in settings and in PowerShell

15) Removing the Radeon Settings app (it also comes with an overlay) while keeping the display driver on the system

16) Trying different network adapters (LAN, WiFi internal, WiFi external/USB, ...)

17) Trying different internet connections (fast/slow, cellular/DSL, ...) and even offline

18) Checking if any "blacklisted" programs, as listed on the official support site, (like MSI Afterburner, ...) are installed (didn't find any)

19) and, of course: resetting the game in Settings

The demo version which supposedly uses the same game engine works without any problems whatsoever.

My PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3,4 GHz

RAM: 32 GB DDR-4 RAM @ 3200 MHz

Mainboard: MSI PC-Mate B350

GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

Drives: 225 GB SSD + 500GB HDD (Game on SSD)

Watercooling

PSU: 750W

Thank you for your help!!!

:)

RGB4Kgaming, Jan 21, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Fechando Sozinho [Translate] Forza Horizon 4 closing alone

Hi Marlos,

I see that you are playing this on a PC and not on an Xbox One. I recommend looking at this support article I found with many known solutions to resolve FH4 crashing on a Windows 10 PC:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/forza-horizon-4-crash-on-pc-solved/

There are 10 different fixes to try on that article so definitely try them all one by one and let us know which one helped!
  3. jerbear30ky Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Crash to desktop

4. Duster589 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 crashes after selecting continue (PC)

There are a number of things that can cause crashes in Forza Horizon 4. It could be another program running or even just needing to update your GPU driver. Here is a link to a thread with some known issues and possible solutions to try. I would make sure
    your GPU driver is up to date first.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/forza-horizon-4-pc-error-0xc0000005-preventing-many-users-from-starting-the-game.72412/

Also look at the Forza forums pages for help as well.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm976677findlastpost_Fix-to-Forza-Horizon-4-Crashing-Constantly---PC---Random-Crashes.aspx#post1067194
  5. TXTIM Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

It doesn't run for me either. Windows 11 + Forza Horizon 4 or 5 = Crash and Burn
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Forza horizon 4 crashes on disclaimer screen

Hi Nicholas,

So, when trying to play Forza Horizon 4, the game keeps crashing even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Thank you for checking that the drivers and PC were updated. To perform a clean boot, check out the following link:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Please try this before the clean boot:

If Forza Horizon 4 is disabled from being a background app it may crash or hang when suspending and resuming. check whether the setting is set to Off: Privacy > Background apps > Forza Horizon 4 > Off. Please keep this setting On.

I hope this helps ^‿^
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 4 constantly crashing on Windows 10 even after several attempts to fix it - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon constantly

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  4. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  5. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  6. Forza Horizon 5 constant disconnects.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 constant disconnects.: I am getting disconnected over and over again from horizon life. I've tried many fixes and none have worked. Please don't tell me to check my internet connection or restart my pc because that is...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 constant disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 constant disconnecting: I am playing Forza Horizon 4 through the Xbox app on windows 10. I am constantly disconnecting from sessions. What could be causing this? d4cf2dcc-ffc4-4b24-a497-aa4569e10707
  8. Constant Disconnections In Forza Horizon 4 On PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant Disconnections In Forza Horizon 4 On PC: For the past week I've been getting disconnected from any online session i'm in after around 5 minutes or whenever i enter a property and I can't find a single solution that works. I've done the...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Constant Crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Constant Crashing: I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 recently.My game is perfect and it runs without problems except crashing.I'll play the game normally, and it will crash after I've played the game for 10 to 30...
  10. Constant buzzing noises and muffled audio on Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant buzzing noises and muffled audio on Forza Horizon 3: The buzzing starts when I reach the starting screen, follows on into the game where i can hear buzzing noises everywhere except on some cut scenes. Other audio like the vehicle sounds and...