Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install.

Discus and support Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and the first thing I did was try to install Forza 5 through game pass. It took the space up on my hard drive but didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BrandonNaegely, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install.

I just got a new laptop and the first thing I did was try to install Forza 5 through game pass. It took the space up on my hard drive but didn't download. I tried a different game and it worked fine, but the 100 plus GB of hard drive space is still taken up. I reset and reinstalled the Xbox game client but that didn't free up the space. Now when I go to install Forza, two different titles show up in my download manager, Forza 5 (102GB) and Forza 5 Standard Edition (123GB). Forza 5 downloads just fine, but the Standard Edition does not, even if I cancel the Forza 5 download. Eventually the Standard edition just disappears. I'm pretty sure it is that app taking my HD space but I have no idea how to free it up. Here is what I see when I download Forza. Please help.

Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install. [​IMG]

:)

BrandonNaegely, Dec 5, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello BrandonNaegely,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues downloading and installing Forza 5. Here are a couple of solutions I have found.

Solution 1: On Windows 10, Open a folder (like Documents) then scroll down to This PC. When you're there, right click Windows C: > Properties > Disk cleanup and select all boxes, run it. This should also clear any stuck game data on other drives. It is usually under delivery optimization files.

Solution 2: You can follow the steps provided here by an Independant Advisor that others found helpful. Forza Horizon 5 download stuck, 100GB taken off my HDD - Microsoft Community

Let me know if any of these solutions help.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

"This location isn't set up for installing games"

If the hard drive uses a different format file as NTFS, you may need to do it.

The other option if available is create a new NTFS partition using the free space in case you didn't want to lose the games in there (by the way, if those games are from the Xbox app on the other PC, the other PC is not going to recognize them)

In case you want to try creating a new NTFS partition :
    https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

After that, select the new partition as where new content is going to be installed via Windows settings > System > Storage
  4. meeexeee Win User

Forza Motorsport 7 is a perfect black screen simulator

I also forgot to mention, Forza Horizon 5 works just fine, and it is installed on drive C: but Forza Motorsport 7 has the problem and it is installed on drive D: (to save space on C:)
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Trying to install forza 5 doesnt work

Okay. I noticed for Forza 5 to successfully install on a D or E drive, you'll need to create enough space on the C drive that could accommodate the whole download file (about 150GB is needed). Once there's enough space on the C drive, the game will install successfully on the other drives.

Hope this helps
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox Originals Not Working - Is It The Hard Drive?

Irixion, it has nothing to do with a "mucked up BC partition". Only Microsoft official hard drives have the emulation software installed on them. This software comes built in to the hard drives and cannot be downloaded separately. The internal 4gb is
    not a hard drive but rather flash memory. There is no way to have the emulation software on the internal memory regardless of how much space is there. The OP purchased an unofficial drive and that is likely his problem. Calling support will do nothing.
Thema:

1. Forza 5 partitioned hard drive space but didn't install. - Similar Threads - Forza partitioned hard

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  5. forza purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    forza purchase: i recently purchased the welcome pack from forza motorsport 2023 and didn’t receive any pack at all. i restarted and checked my order history. it said order complete, but i still have no reward in...
  6. Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox for PC keeps installing Forza Motorsport even tho i've deleted it about a thousand...: Every so often the xbox app will install Forza Motorsport completely on its own and every time I delete it, a couple of hours later it will be back like it never left. I've uninstalled gaming...
  7. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  8. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  9. Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos

in XBoX on Windows
    Urgent copyright question about Forza in-game photos: Hi! I wanted to ask a question about the copyright of in-game screenshots of Forza Series. I planned to publish an independent videogame magazine. Inside, there will be an article enriched by...
  10. Forza motorsport

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza motorsport: I would like to know when are the people that make forza motorsport are going to stop lying to people and think about making a game thats works consistently and is some what a sim racing game! AS...