Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it

Discus and support Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this only happens on fortnite and it hinders my ability to use vital controls such as aiming, sliding, etc. The controller is acting like it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SouthPaw Stavinoha, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it

So this only happens on fortnite and it hinders my ability to use vital controls such as aiming, sliding, etc. The controller is acting like it is getting 2 of every input essentially, like stick drift but for the game and not the controller. If I could get assistance in this being resolved I will be very grateful

:)

SouthPaw Stavinoha, Mar 12, 2023
  2. SouthPaw Stavinoha Win User

Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it

It worked momentarily but I cannot fix this issue with the steps you have provided. This issue is only with fortnite and no other game so it shouldn't be the controller.
  3. DarkerFirestar Win User

Double inputs on your controller can be frustrating, especially when it affects your gameplay. Here are a few things you can try to fix this issue on Fortnite for Xbox:

1. Update your controller: Make sure your controller is up to date with the latest firmware updates. You can update your Xbox controller by connecting it to your Xbox console, and then checking for updates in the Settings menu.
    2. Reset your controller: Sometimes, resetting your controller can help fix double input issues. To reset your Xbox controller, hold down the sync button on the back of the controller until the light on the front begins to flash. Then, wait a few seconds and try reconnecting the controller to your Xbox console.
    3. Check your game settings: Double inputs can sometimes be caused by incorrect game settings. Check your Fortnite settings to make sure they are set up correctly. You can also try resetting your in-game settings to default to see if this fixes the issue.
    4. Test a different controller: If you have access to a different Xbox controller, try using it to see if the issue persists. If it does not, the issue may be with your original controller and you may need to replace it.
    5. Reinstall Fortnite: If none of the above solutions work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Fortnite. This can sometimes fix issues with game files and settings.
    Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you fix the double input issue with your Xbox controller on Fortnite.
  4. Marlow-123 Win User

So the only fix is to not use remote play?
  5. Thomas Cryderman Win User

I had the same issue, I was using the remote play feature and when I stoped using it, it fixed the issue. Hope this helps.
  6. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Please follow the troubleshooting guide for controllers

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Let me know if you need help with any steps of the process.

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please keep me posted!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
Thema:

1. Fortnite on xbox is giving my controller double inputs and I don't know how to fix it - Similar Threads - Fortnite giving controller

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite: The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D11. Please install the recommended driver version or switch to a different rendering API. Would you like to visit the...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  6. cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot give my $10 xbox gift card to my son to get v-bucks for Fortnite: I was told to purchase $10 xbox gift cards using my MS reward on my Microsoft account then give to my son to use to redeem v-bucks for Fortnite. Once I redeem my points for $10 xbox Gift cards, I...
  7. Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen: I've done everything I can, I have cleared my local data, reset my local MAC stuff, reset my xbox and the power cache, signed in and out of my account, deleted the game and reinstalled it, set my...
  8. I bought fortnite limited edition xboc1s with dark vertex an it not give me skin or 2000vbux

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought fortnite limited edition xboc1s with dark vertex an it not give me skin or 2000vbux: Feeling ripped been since 2019 I try get my dark vertex skin an 2000 vbucks. I bought brand new fortnite bundle a32ffac8-ebe6-4158-a9fb-a19677596699
  9. Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen: I've done everything I can, I have cleared my local data, reset my local MAC stuff, reset my xbox and the power cache, signed in and out of my account, deleted the game and reinstalled it, set my...
  10. Fortnite gives error “ an unexpected error occurred signing in to your account for Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite gives error “ an unexpected error occurred signing in to your account for Xbox...: Fortnite gives error “ an unexpected error occurred signing in to your account for Xbox live. Pleas try again later”. I have done all suggested fixes and my account is current and up to date....