fortnite high ping / packet loss ?

Discus and support fortnite high ping / packet loss ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when i play fortnite for some reason i see red bars in the connection but its weird becouse i have a insane good ethernet connection cuz i play wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Devilchildz, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Devilchildz
    Devilchildz Guest

when i play fortnite for some reason i see red bars in the connection

but its weird becouse i have a insane good ethernet connection cuz i play wired

i have 600mbs up 40mbs down

and 19ms latency

so how could i get still having red bars ?

:)

Devilchildz, Jul 9, 2022
  2. Devilchildz Win User

Ive runned a full diagnose

And my ethernet is fine i even could stream on nice quallity

I tried halo infenite i didnt experience lagg or anything
  3. andersonpassos Win User

which means that the problem is not the live, but it could still be the epic games servers, in which case you would need to talk to epic games support.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

is this the status of your network or xbox connection? are you playing on xbox?

the connection and network status on the internet and on Microsoft/Epic Games servers is another thing, you need to know what hinders you in this type of service, for example your upload rate is too low for this download bandwidth, whenever you do an action in the game, or talk about a chat voice, it needs to take the information from your device to the servers and this is done through the upload, in addition to all this it is possible that there is some filter for some security protocols, guaranteeing the network security, but slowing down access.

your router already has the ports that Live uses open?

Required ports to use Xbox Live

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  5. Hellhog Win User

Does internet speed affect how you play?

Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.
  6. Houdini47 Win User

Xbox One NAT Issues

I've started to have issue with high packet loss and the inability to view friends on the xbox. I've done a ping test through command prompt and am showing 0% packet loss.
Thema:

1. fortnite high ping / packet loss ? - Similar Threads - fortnite high ping

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite: The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D11. Please install the recommended driver version or switch to a different rendering API. Would you like to visit the...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  6. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  7. i got my fortnite skins refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    i got my fortnite skins refunded: hello, i got my skins on fortnite refunded by you, i want them back d2be9805-11f3-4e9b-a8d7-9e3c19f35f5f
  8. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  9. I redeemed a card for fortnite but the items are not in my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a card for fortnite but the items are not in my account?: So basically I redeemed a code for a fortnite pack but the items have not appeared in my account? When I go to input the code again or check my account it says it’s been purchased/redeemed but...
  10. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123