Fortnite crashes when loading into a match on a Xbox series S

Discus and support Fortnite crashes when loading into a match on a Xbox series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my brother's xbox crashes when he try's to load into a game of Fortnite, this is weird because the game normally working fine, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xd-power, Dec 9, 2022.

1. xd-power
    xd-power Guest

For some reason my brother's xbox crashes when he try's to load into a game of Fortnite, this is weird because the game normally working fine, but after the new chapter 4 update he can't load into battle royal lobbies. Also it appears that the lobby background, which is normally a castle, either isn't loading or is missing entirely from his game files since it is only a light blue background is present. Also he can load into creative matches and it runs just fine, but his game crashes as soon as he enters a battle royal match. The xbox loads about 1 frame of the starting island in a battle royal match, and after a few seconds the screen goes black and the sound cuts out shortly after, then Fortnite closes and he gets put back into the default xbox home menu with no error message. We have already tried all of the fixes, like restarting Fortnite, restarting the xbox, uninstalling and reinstalling Fortnite, deleting temporary game files, and even factory resetting the xbox. If anyone has any information on how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

:)

xd-power, Dec 9, 2022
  2. djpipw76 Win User

hello,

yes installed on the internal hard drive, done a full format and reinstall etc, battle royale wont load a battle, crashes out after 1 minute...other parts of the game are fine just that section...all other games work fine..
  3. xd-power Win User

I have tried running it from both an external hard drive and the internal storage.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Seems like you have indeed performed all the necessary steps, is this the only game that you're having an issue with?

Also, is this stored on your Xbox Internal Storage or Expansion card?
  5. Drew Dault Win User

I'm having the same issue however I can usually play a few mins of battle royal before it freezes and kicks me back to the dash board.

I can play other modes like creative for hours without issue. But battle royal kicks me sometimes before the bus sometimes I get to the last 20 player's and then Ejected!
  6. kanfive Win User

I have the exact same problem with my New Xbox series X. Tried everything include reinstall fortnite, LAN and wifi even tried it at a friend's house on another network. It just crash when it tries to enter a game
Thema:

1. Fortnite crashes when loading into a match on a Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Fortnite crashes loading

2. Hardware failure fortnite crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware failure fortnite crashing.: Ever since I started playing fortnite, the game keeps crashing every so often when I'm in the game (match). In lobby doesn't crash at all.I contacted the people at epic and they told me to contact...
  3. Fortnite Xbox audio bug/ crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite Xbox audio bug/ crashing: When I play fortnite on my xbox series X and I go to my side bar its freezes my xbox for a short few seconds, this has ultimately started to become a problem as I check the party im in a lot when...
  4. Fortnite keeps crashing on new xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps crashing on new xbox x: Each time i load battle royale it crashes the game. This is a brand new xbox x. I have reinstalled the game and also changed account and none of it solved the issue....
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  6. Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal: Fortntie is the only game that crashes on my Xbox. I’ve tried to re-install, clear saved data, clear persistent storage, hard reset, taken it for a service and baisicly everything else. I play on...
  7. Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite chapter 5 season 1 has crashed on launch for 3 days now on xbox series X: I have reinstalled the game and it is still greying out before crashing. Over 20 attempts, each crashing. Why is my xbox series x crashing while booting fortnite?...
  8. why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...: everytime i try and play fortnite it kicks me out when i have to press a to start i can hear the sound then it lags and i get kicked and, i tried hard restarting it, i factory reset, deleted the...
  9. My fortnite keeps freezing and crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My fortnite keeps freezing and crashing: Honestly at this point I have no clue I can't even get a game in without it just freezing and crashing I've tried everything known to man to try and fix this problem but nothing has worked...
  10. Fortnite keeps getting stuck and crashing on the loading screen before a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps getting stuck and crashing on the loading screen before a game: So Fortnite keeps crashing every time i try to load up into a battle royale game. Creative mode and the rest of the game features like the item shop still work normally however its just battle...