Fortnite chat not working on windows 10 pc.

Discus and support Fortnite chat not working on windows 10 pc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Fortnite does not access my mic it seems on my pc. I went through all of the suggestion from Epic, the mic works on other games and discord. My chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hoagie Mouth, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Hoagie Mouth
    Hoagie Mouth Guest

Fortnite does not access my mic it seems on my pc. I went through all of the suggestion from Epic, the mic works on other games and discord. My chat works on my laptop and console, just not my pc. All of my privacy settings are set to allow. anyone have any suggestions that fixes it? I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

:)

Hoagie Mouth, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Hoagie, have you tried to check your PC's drivers and also if the launcher and the game are in the Apps enabled to use the Microphone?
  3. ClausReich Win User

Mic volume too low to hear in party chats

You can also check if Party chats work well on the Xbox app on PC (Windows 10/11) or on your phone.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

my party-chat goes automaticly to my xbox app at win 10, but i want to here my party at the xbox one

Hey there!

Thanks for posting. While streaming your Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC, it is by design that Xbox Live parties are prioritized on Windows 10 at that point.

However, if you own a Micro USB cable or the Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for your Windows 10 PC, you can use the Xbox One Chat Headset on Windows 10 for Xbox Live Parties. Check out our

Troubleshoot the Xbox One Chat Headset on Windows 10
    article for steps on how that set up should look.

Hope that helps!
  5. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

playing from different locations but with the same account

Thank you for you quick reply! The game he likes to play is Fortnite.

One last thing...So if he has the xbox console at my house than he can have a PC with windows 10 at his dads house and play Fortnite using the same account without taking the xbox console with him? /LT
    Fortnite is not an actual play anywhere title for the Xbox one and Windows 10. However, you can download the PC version of Fortnite threw the

EPIC Games website
    . You would then link your Microsoft account and have access to the content that's been unlocked threw that MS account.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

X box one

Hi ali71,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with using your Microphone on your Windows 10 PC. Also, are you using a headset with a controller on your PC or just mouse an keyboard? You may want to check out this article:

Xbox One Chat Headset on Windows 10

Please keep us updated.
Thema:

1. Fortnite chat not working on windows 10 pc. - Similar Threads - Fortnite chat working

2. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  3. Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t chat to people friends or teammates in Fortnite: I have enabled Friends and Teammates for Voice chat in Fortnite but on screen it says that because he is under 10 it will only be Friends only? He can’t chat to anyone at the minute - either...
  4. Fortnite party chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite party chat not working: So this has been an issue for a long time now and it is that when i log into fortnite i join my friends party but they can hear me but i cant hear them. Has anyone experienced this issue and if...
  5. I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot hear voice chat on fortnite: Whenever i try and hear voice chat on fortnite, it doesnt work. Even party chat on xbox works. It works if i am using cloud on my laptop, and only one instance it has worked on my xbox since the...
  6. Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S: I play Fortnite on my Xbox series S and can hear my friends on the Fortnite voice chat but they can’t hear me. How do I fix this? 913acd1a-eaf5-4531-8572-38e49b57f39a
  7. Fortnite Chat Issue on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Chat Issue on PC: When my son is playing Fortnite on his PC his friends and team members can hear him but he can't hear them. When he plays on his switch he doesn't have this problem, only PC. Any advice please!...
  8. Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips: I've looked for a solution everywhere and I couldn't find any. Please fix this or provide a solution because i've tried everything 6aa31784-29f5-45a0-adee-993cd2c3bba9
  9. Fortnite party chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite party chat not working: So this has been an issue for a long time now and it is that when i log into fortnite i join my friends party but they can hear me but i cant hear them. Has anyone experienced this issue and if...
  10. FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine: To start, Fortnites in game chat and party chat is not working correctly for me. I can talk and hear perfectly fine in xbox part chat but as soon as I switch over to fortnites game/part chat. I...