Fortnite - can't add or accept friends

Discus and support Fortnite - can't add or accept friends in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot add or accept friend requests on Fortnite on either the Xbox or the Switch. Have tried all security settings. Others can add me but... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by daniel tunney, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Fortnite - can't add or accept friends

Hello, I cannot add or accept friend requests on Fortnite on either the Xbox or the Switch. Have tried all security settings. Others can add me but nothing happens when I click to accept. Any help please?

:)

daniel tunney, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Aimz1003 Win User

I have done all of the above and I cannot get it working.

I have emailed Epic Games but no reply as of yet.

All parental control settings have been turned off and back on again, neither party has over 500 friends or requests. I have deleted and reinstalled fortnite, But it is still not working.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have looked for a live chat on the epic games website but haven't managed to find one.
  3. Caroline Shepherd Win User

Had the same issue so in the game I turned the PIN code on to accept friends and I was able to send Requests with a pin and then I turned it off and it’s back to normal ;)
  4. DrG_me Win User

Solution:

"logged into Fortnite website and tuned on “Require PIN to add Epic friends”, then turned it back off."

this solved the issue.

happy son = happy dad
  5. Dan_498 Win User

Just fixed this on my sons Xbox.

Did 2 things, not sure which fixed it:

1) logged into Fortnite website and tuned on “Require PIN to add Epic friends”, then turned it back off.

Or

2) rejected all pending friend requests in the game itself.

A few minutes later he could send and accept requests again
  6. daniel tunney Win User

Thank you for your response. I have read that advice but I definitely haven’t sent that many friend requests (have never actually tried to send any until today). My friend who I am trying to add has only just joined today so also hasnt reached his limit. I also believe the Friends List which you mention is only available on Epic Games launcher on a PC, which I don’t have. Do you have any other suggestions please? Thank you !
Thema:

1. Fortnite - can't add or accept friends - Similar Threads - Fortnite can't add

2. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  3. My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24: My Son has an Xbox Series S. He has friend requests on Fortnite but he can't accept or Add friends. I have checked the settings and it is set so that he doesn't need a PIN. We also changed the PIN...
  4. Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...: I have been trying to log in to Fortnite on to sons Xbox but keep getting the above message and won't load into game. I have tried the restart options and several things that searched on...
  5. I had a fortnite account that I deleted and now I can't use my new fortnite account on my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I had a fortnite account that I deleted and now I can't use my new fortnite account on my...: Could someone please unlink my deleted fortnite account so I can link a new account ba02e893-5217-49d7-8435-e309c0856281
  6. I can't play any games beside fortnite on cloud gaming browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play any games beside fortnite on cloud gaming browser: i logged on today to try and play fallout 4 but the play button was blacked out, the only game i could even play was fortnite ( i don't like that game ) can somebody please help?...
  7. Can't load graphics in fortnite on xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't load graphics in fortnite on xbox one s: On my xbox one s, fortnite runs very inconsistently, rarely it runs fine, but it mostly doesn't load the map right and then crashes or I get stuck in a loading screen. I've uninstalled and...
  8. Siddenly can't play split screen on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Siddenly can't play split screen on fortnite: I used to be able to play fortnite with split screen, I can connect 2 remotes on my x box and play each one, I have 2 accounts in my x box and not sure what to do. Preformed this...
  9. Xbox cloud gaming can't play fortnite on a PC browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud gaming can't play fortnite on a PC browser: This is one of my favorite games and it doesn't even work after I switch from geforce now. Mobile still works for some reason 7d772f9e-0cd8-4446-ab5b-07ce197603a7
  10. Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?: I have an xbox console set up in my living room (this is designated as my 'home' console) but I also have a second xbox which is in a bedoom. My account is on both consoles as are 2 other accounts...