Forgotten email and password

Discus and support Forgotten email and password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have forgotten the email from an account I used to play on a while back I still have the username and might still know the password what can I do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ben Jones_922, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Forgotten email and password

I have forgotten the email from an account I used to play on a while back I still have the username and might still know the password what can I do?

:)

Ben Jones_922, Nov 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ben

As you don't remember your account email, I can advise you fill the account recovery form, in that way you're going to submit a ticket with Microsoft account recovery team
    https://account.live.com/acsr

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too. (SkypeID also works)

Sadly, an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag alone.

Also, you could try alternative methods to recover your account here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please note that no one here including Microsoft Support is capable to send password reset links for security policies
  3. NonSportsGirl Win User

FORGOTTEN EMAIL/PASSWORD

You need to get in contact with support for your region with all the details you can remember. They may be able to reset the password for you.
  4. HassanB Win User

wrong email and forgotten password

Hello,

You would need to follow the very specific instructions below in order to fill out the Windows Live ID form to have a chance of resetting the e-mail. That e-mail you are trying to change it to cannot be tied to an active XBOX Live Gamertag otherwise it will
    not change the e-mail over.

1. Click on this link.

2. Click on the third option: I Think Someone Else is using my Windows Live ID.

3. Select Reset your Password option .

4. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.

5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then tick on Next.

6. Click on Customer Support.

7. When a highlighted Customer support phrase appears, tick on it.

8. Re-enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.

9. Enter your alternate email address. ( Active email address that you have access to even if it's not associated with the account )

10. Click on Continue.

11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Recover your Windows Live account page then click on Continue to submit.

12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, (just wait for the result of the account recovery request on your alternate email address)

Note: To pass the validation process, you will need to provide as much precise information as possible. The more accurate your information is, the more likely you are to pass validation.

This will essentially move your non working WLID to the new one that you'd like to be contacted on. This does require that you follow the instructions up top and fill in as much information as you can in the form
    that is sent to your alternate e-mail.
  5. Creased 10s Win User

Forgotten Password/Invalid Email

I already know the account email, but I cannot recover the password without the backup email. I'm currently waiting on Tier 3 to contact me back on the issue and send me my info I need
  6. HassanB Win User

Incorrect email and forgotten password

Hi,

That sounds about right as far as I can see. The advocacy team has a lot of cases, and they deal with more specialized cases like yours. You can contact phone support back and ask for an update by giving them your reference number, but I would wait until at
    least closer to the two weeks.
Thema:

1. Forgotten email and password - Similar Threads - Forgotten email password

2. I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I wan to know if i can get the forgotten password and email to my old gamertag which i have...: I wanted to get a gamertag for my xbox which I always use come to find out there was one already made so i wanted to knew that person only again to find out that person it me. I know this because...
  3. I've forgotten my password and needed email

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've forgotten my password and needed email: I know my username for my Xbox account but i've forgotten the password AND the email. I tried to call microsoft but that was too much of a hassle, any help here? ca6f68e5-c916-41ed-85ed-9dd6964c528f
  4. How can I recover a Xbox 360/Live account that I’ve forgotten the email and password for?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover a Xbox 360/Live account that I’ve forgotten the email and password for?: I’ve already attempted every means to getting ahold of an actual person with Xbox Live. This is why I’m here and I’m hoping I get the solution I need. I put a lot of time and effort into my...
  5. Deleted email, forgotten password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted email, forgotten password: A little while ago a couple of my accounts where hacked and as a result I changed my password on my Xbox account as a precaution but to my surprise I found out after that the outlook email I used...
  6. My email does not exist anymore and I have forgotten my password, is there anyway to get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email does not exist anymore and I have forgotten my password, is there anyway to get...: The server my email was using (e.g johnsmith@<outlook>.com) was shut down a while ago, and I need to change the email to my account, unfortunately I cannot remember my password as it has been...
  7. Forgotten Roblox password- but no email or phone no attached to account. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forgotten Roblox password- but no email or phone no attached to account. Help!: Can anyone help? My son has somehow logged out of Roblox and cannot remember his password to log back in. He never linked his account to an email or phone number so we can't reset it that way....
  8. Forgotten Xbox account email address and password(Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten Xbox account email address and password(Xbox One): My current Xbox account was made when I was a lot younger and I didn't have a phone or any sort of computer system, and so it was made using my brothers email address. my brother no longer uses...
  9. I have forgotten the email for my Microsoft account but I remember the password please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten the email for my Microsoft account but I remember the password please help: Since i reset my xbox to get rid of a few troubles i couldnt remember the email for my microsoft account f186c8d4-8511-4a3b-9072-4555e17dd7cd
  10. Can't sign into old xbox live account because of forgotten password, but the email I used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into old xbox live account because of forgotten password, but the email I used...: So I want to play halo reach again now that its on PC and use my old gamertag, but I can't remember my xbox live password from ~5 years ago, and the email I had attached to my account doesn't...