Forced Gamertag Change request

Discus and support Forced Gamertag Change request in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm being harrassed online by players that join my sessions to harass me. My gamertag was most likely spread out on some internet gaming fourms causing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A Bunch Of Lag, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Forced Gamertag Change request

I'm being harrassed online by players that join my sessions to harass me. My gamertag was most likely spread out on some internet gaming fourms causing many many users to message profane things to me and join my session to ruin my experience wich they call
    "trolling". I do not have money at the moment to pay for the change, i was told to come here to post on the situation to try and get my gamertag force changed. I cannot even log into xbox live without a random profane message popping up, i've already removed
    un needed players that i co not know in real life to try and resolve the problem and blocked communication but that has not slowed anything down much but once the tag is change i'm hopeful this will all end.

:)

A Bunch Of Lag, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Forced Gamertag Change Request

There is no appeal forum,not sure where you got that from.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Forced Gamertag Change Request

Really? This is extremely unfair. I don't understand how YOU can't be the least sympathetic to my situation.

Basically what you're telling me is that I can't have a forced name change because my name isn't offensive. It WAS offensive until Xbox automatically generated me a new one. So now it isn't offensive and I can't change my name... Does that make ANY sense
    at all? It was offensive, then I had less than an hour or two until my name was automatically changed to what it is now, so now it isn't offensive.

I pretty much paid the $10 for a name change, just not one that I chose. What happened here is I payed $10 for Xbox to give me a childish gamertag that I am now being harassed for having. This is very unprofessional.

LateNightPoops, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Forced Gamertag Change request

If you blocked communication then it's impossible for you to be receiving any messages still. If you want to get a new tag you'll have to pay the $10 fee.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 1, 2014
  5. As i said in the statement above, i cannot pay for the change at the moment, i'm tight on money and i'm on a one year plan so i dont pay often for online, i'm looking for a new job and starting my life over because of a house fire and a series of other things
    that have financially ruined my life, i understand $10 is not a lot but i'm trying to re build a house and struggle with financial problems due to an ex wife. Blocking communication has been done but there are many users doing this every day and i cannot keep
    up with the blocking, it's just too much for me to do. i need a forced gamer tag change so i can rid the problem forever because no one i don't know is on my friends list so they cannot find me again. please help me i'm really thinking of switching to play
    station network and throwing out my xbox 360 forever.

6. So let me get this straight, you cannot afford $10 because you don't like your name but you can afford $400+ for a PS4 and PS+? Have fun with that, I'm marking this post as a scam and forwarding it to board admins.

7. Never did i say that "I can afford a $400 PS4-PS+" nor did i say "I don't like my gamertag" i said "i'm thinking about switching to Play station network and throwing out my xbox 360" never was there a need to act like that. forwarding to admins and flagging
    as a scam is and was inappropriate, this is not a scam, you don't know my situation or personal life nether less my financial standing on where i can and cannot spend $10 at the moment. I don't have money to throw at Microsoft at the time being, and i want
    something done about this problem now. I'm re-building my LIFE and me HOUSE ATEM! my ex wife burnt down my house because i'm divorcing her after i caught he cheating and she cannot take anything so she burnt my damn house down so i have that to deal with
    and i have to pay for everything all over again! You should not be and Ambassador of Microsoft if you're going to jump to conclusions of what a customer does and does not want to do / can or cannot buy or read a proper paragraph of information on a problem
    without commenting complete crap that i never said. Right now i'm dissatisfied with Microsoft's way of communication in the support forums and chats as of none of it ever helps me. i just want help with the problem and not to be accused by an ambassador which
    cannot do anything but suggest things to me that i have not said. I WANT REAL HELP!

8. Forced Gamertag Change request

AND ALSO! this is a shared account with my son which is 14 years old and i don't want him being on games with the messages and players harassing us all the time, and in case you're going to say something else about how i have the xbox after my house burnt
    down, my son is currently staying with grandparents and was long before the fire happened so he has his xbox but mine has been demolished in the fire, me and him play occasionally online and this is our problem we've had for the past couple of weeks! i live
    with him and my parents right now until the house is finished being re build which also could take many months, i just want some help, i'm being as honest as i can be, i don't understand why no one wants to help.

9. If you want a new tag you'll have to pay $10 USD. It's really that simple. Instructions on how to make the change are in this link: support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

P.S.

If your "ex-wife" truly burned down your house she'd be in jail and your insurance would cover the vast majority of costs to rebuild.

10. You don't know what my insurance would do buddy. my ex wife is in jail and the case is going through court, i do understand it's just $10 USD but i have to save all i can and i just want help man.

11. anyways, i'm done here, hope you the best new year be safe and enjoy life to it's fullest this selection /thread is over, thank you

12. The only way to get your gamertag changed is if it is offensive or if you pay the fee. There is nothing else to do about it.

nickisullivan13, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Forced Gamertag Change request

I was forced to change my gamer tag without being notified

SaltyKitten7543, Mar 11, 2014
  14. my email is [Mod Removed]

SaltyKitten7543, Mar 11, 2014
  15. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You need to post here forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx about having a forced name change.

You were notified,it was in the terms & conditions you agreed to when you started your account.

Also please do not post personal info like your email address on the forums.

Daft Badger, Mar 11, 2014
Thema:

Forced Gamertag Change request

1. Forced Gamertag Change request - Similar Threads - Forced Gamertag Change

2. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  3. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  6. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  7. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  8. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  9. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  10. forced gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    forced gamertag change: my gamertag was forced change a couple months back and i’ve recently made an appeal but there’s just nothing under my gamertag change enforcement even tho it’s been serval hours. i don’t...