Forced console update mid-game?

Discus and support Forced console update mid-game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Middle of a game xbox goes black screen and forces a update or i have to play offline,, no warning?? so I've read the other posts already about this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomasquestion, May 31, 2021.

1. Forced console update mid-game?

Middle of a game xbox goes black screen and forces a update or i have to play offline,, no warning??

so I've read the other posts already about this issue and I just want to know why this happened and what xbox is gonna do to make it happen better in the future. I don't have insider program I checked the apps on the Xbox, I have auto updates on it should have auto updated I don't know, automatically. I'm not gonna stay salty about what I lost but I know if I don't say something, nothings gonna be done, and this will continue for everyone.

Let's brainstorm some suggestions here. I know I saw someone say it could ask first and say it needs to update now or later, or give a basic timer in 15 minutes we gotta update so save ur game.

Just a black screen and a surprise update after hours playing really sucks. Thats something I would expect from Sony but Microsoft, man, my boy, come on you make computers right, this has been standard for as long as I can remember in windows 98. Its kinda laughable and thats how I'm gonna treat it im gonna make jokes with my friends about this. I won't even come back and read responses unless u happen to email me directly but hey, Microsoft, as a customer this sucks.

:)

Thomasquestion, May 31, 2021
  2. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Forced update mid game!!?

Hi,

The type of update you experienced was a Mandatory update where you are forced to do the update at that time. I know this won't help from before, but going forward you can set your Xbox automatically update each night using the instructions here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
    ) or listed below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.
    4. Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.

After that is done make sure your Xbox is set to Instant-On mode so that it can search for updates while off here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes ):

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.

Hope this works out for you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Hi there!

If you are seeing multiple updates like this we would assume you are part of the Insider Preview program possibly in the Alpha or Beta ring.

If this is the case, then frequent updates are a part of being in that program.

The Insider program is there to let you test beta programs for the console and provide feedback to the team that is working on the OS.

This program is not designed for casual use of the console.

If you do not enjoy the experience of the program and do not want to partake in the testing that it involves we recommend removing the app from your console and

Factory resetting.

This will remove you from the program and allow you to go back to the standard scheduled updated process that casual gamers take part in.

Alternately if you do want to continue to be part of the debug and testing process you could set one console as your test console and then leave a second console as your standard gaming console.

We understand that may not be plausible for all Gamers but there is no way to avoid the update process in the program as it is part of the stress testing process.

We do hope this sheds a little light on the program and what is expected when being a part of it.

We also encourage you to post in the
    Insider forums
    with any feedback you have for the program so that their team can take it into consideration!
  5. Slobosaurus Win User

Updates with the Xbox insider program

I've experienced this before. It maybe that your console failed to update while it was not in use and forced it through mid game as a last resort. I 'overused' my xbox (didnt shut it off for a few days) when it happened to me. It can happen but it actively
    tries to aviod doing so
  6. Smwutches Win User

No option other than booting us for update?

Set your console to instant on mode. That way updates can run even when you're not actively using your console. I've never run into an update mid-game because of that.
Thema:

Forced console update mid-game?

1. Forced console update mid-game? - Similar Threads - Forced console update

2. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  3. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  6. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  7. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  8. My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...: Any help to solve this problem would be highly appreciated! The noise sound like a refrigerator noise. I have tried to get in contact with the xbox team but it has been utterly impossible!...
  9. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  10. How can I restore my Xbox account on my console aftera accidentally force reset.my HDmi...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I restore my Xbox account on my console aftera accidentally force reset.my HDmi...: Can't seem to get anything to connect tou Xbox after accidentally force resetting trying to fix HDmi issue. Not sure if it's stuck on recovery mode or if it reset all the way. But need help bas...