Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back

Discus and support Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey guys, weird thing happened…my gamertag got force name changed from Bait to bigkitten#695386, and I got some guy on instagram named [mod removed]... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HeeHawTummyTums, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back

Hey guys, weird thing happened…my gamertag got force name changed from Bait to bigkitten#695386, and I got some guy on instagram named [mod removed] trying to sell me the name back?

I checked on enforcement page, and there is no history of the force name change, but when I call support they tell me it has been forced name changed.

What should I do? No chance to appeal the fnc as its not showing up. got some cringe lord trying to charge me for the name.

I don’t really play too much, I’m 30 and do electrical systems on oil rigs, but I did like the name.

:)

HeeHawTummyTums, Aug 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this HeeHawTummyTums

This is just a supposition, but exists the possibility that the guy who are trying to "sell" you the gamertag accessed to your account and changed it without your knowledge (this only if you had the free change available)

In any case as ngocphi said, the best option is not purchase that gamertag or keep talking with that guy.

If you really liked that one, you can try getting similar gamertag. For example Ba1t or Balt (is an L).

Or add it a number next to it.

------

Also, as an extra advice. Please change your account password and enable two steps verification (and all your accounts passwords to avoid future problems)
  3. HeeHawTummyTums Win User

Yeah I know I would never, Its not that important but I want to know why I got force name change in the first place. I came off the oil rig I was on and saw my gamertag was different, I hadn’t even been playing in a few weeks, much less done ANYTHING to warrant any kind of enforcement action? And for the enforcement action not to show up on my side?? I have 8 years of tenure on Xbox and it just seems weird to me
  4. ngocphi Win User

Dont fall for it

Common use common sense

You were born with it

It's a con and against the rules

For all you know it has suble change you don't see just to bait you

Buying and selling services including names is against the rules

Trying to get around the rules will only end badly for you
  5. SillyPup5810272 Win User

Force gamertag change

i have had a forced gamer tag change from cazzabigboobies to sillypup i find my new gamer tag very offensive you are calling me a silly dog !!!!! force whatever you want but give me a better name that I dont find offensive or give me my xbox live money back
    !!!!
  6. RapidFoal231224 Win User

Xbox changed gamertag without notice

My Gamer Tag Got changed from Kklan Big Dadde to , no notice what so ever!!! Now I cant even change it to something else that makes sense without paying $10 for it. Called Customer service and they recommended that I challenge the forced Gamer
    Tag Change and get my original one back. Please look at my accout, the "Kklan" stands for my last name + the klan. that is how my family is referred to Kklan. And Big Dadde is me. What’s wrong with that?? Please help.
Thema:

1. Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back - Similar Threads - Force name change

2. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  3. Xbox apps force close

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox apps force close: Hello, today i buy xbox game pass and i download xbox app to download the game, but everytime i run xbox app, it appeared xbox logo but after that force close everytime i run it, i tried to fix it...
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Driving force shifter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Driving force shifter: I just bought a new G920 wheel and pedals with a driving force shifter for my XBOX series X and the shifter does not work with forza horizon 4. I want to ask if there are any games that are...
  6. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  7. Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Monster Hunter Rise character missing, forcing new game: I hit MR 140, downed Risen Teostra, and called it for the night. (Have game clip of it). 2 days later, I go to play, and all I have is "New Game" on the main menu. Save data on the Xbox...
  8. Can i get a refund for jump force ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i get a refund for jump force ?: I have been an off and on player on jump force since its release and played the entire first 2 years. I spent $100 on the deluxe preorder and an additional $30+ on DLCs that were not included with...
  9. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  10. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...