For some reason, I can't join my friends on Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 edition to Xbox

Discus and support For some reason, I can't join my friends on Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 edition to Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I've been playing Ark for a while now, and I first started on the Steam version of the game because it was free, and also because I mainly play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brady Mills, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Brady Mills
    Brady Mills Guest

For some reason, I can't join my friends on Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 edition to Xbox

Hello! I've been playing Ark for a while now, and I first started on the Steam version of the game because it was free, and also because I mainly play on pc. I decided to get the Microsoft windows 10 edition so I can play with my friends on Xbox. At first everything was going smoothly. I was in a single player world for a pretty good bit because this was the first time I was playing Ark in a while. I saw that some of my friends were online so I decided to invite them to a party so we all could play. When I invited them they told me that they were loading into my world, but after a couple more seconds they told me that it said "failed to join". I was like "okay, then you guys invite me to one of your worlds instead". So they invited me, and I got the same message as them. "Failed to join". We tried everything we could. I took like 2 to 3 hours trying to figure out what the heck the problem was and how to fix it, but to no avail nothing worked. I looked up YouTube videos, and even looked up how to fix it on the internet in general. I even saw another person ask the same question to Microsoft, but I already tried everything they said to try. The weird part about all of this is that when I looked up how to fix this problem for the Windows 10 version of ark, barely anything popped up. Which means that nobody has really found a major solution to this problem. It really sucks because I paid $56 for a game that I paid to play with friends that I actually know and want to play with. I'm hoping you guys can find a solution to this problem because I genuinely do like the game, and mostly other people are having this problem as well. So please find a solution and Thank You!

:)

Brady Mills, Nov 14, 2022
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Can I play Ark Survival Evolved with my friend from steam to box game pass pc

Hi Hüseyin_572,

I believe that Ark Survival Evolved is not a cross platform game. I understand you and your friend are using Windows 10 but there is no cross play with Ark Survival Evolved between Xbox GamePass Beta and Steam.
  3. Brady Mills Win User

Sorry that it took so long for me to reply. On my pc Norton wasn't pre installed. I installed it through their website because I have a Norton account and bought Norton in the past. It isn't the anti virus, because like you said it could be using some resources on my pc, but my pc has been running very smoothly ever since I installed it. But the good thing is is that I installed the game on my xbox so I can play with my friends on there instead, and ever since I started playing with my friends on my Xbox I haven't had any network issues or anything. I haven't gotten the "failed to join" pop up or any other network problem. I also wanted to let you know that my pc is hardwired into my router and all of my other games when playing online works great. It's just Ark that has the issue for some reason. I just hope someone does find a solution to this issue though, because I'm more of a pc gamer than a console one, and thank you for your help even though none of it worked :( I really do appreciate the effort you gave to help me solve this issue, and hope you have a good rest of your day!
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, Norton Antivirus is a third party software, it can come pre installed on with your PC but it is not like Windows Defender which is native on the system.

Try to make sure that Norton isn't conflicting with Windows Defender and are using resources that are needed on your system.
  5. Brady Mills Win User

I do have the latest version of Windows installed. I also do have the Xbox app and the Xbox Companion App and they are up to date. I don't have a third-party antivirus. I use Norton.

I already tried everything with this issue, because I already tried to fix it for hours and nothing worked. Everybody is having the same issue as mine and there still isn't a solution. It would be great if Microsoft would try to see if there is a problem with the game, because of what I've seen, this issue is only happening on Xbox. Another thing that's weird about this whole mess is that when I invite someone through the Xbox app it works just fine and they are able to join on a different game other than Ark.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brady, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

Also, try to check if you don't have some type of third-party antivirus like McFee McAfee etc. may be hindering connectivity to external servers.
Thema:

1. For some reason, I can't join my friends on Ark Survival Evolved Windows 10 edition to Xbox - Similar Threads - reason can't join

2. What is the reason why I can't sign in my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the reason why I can't sign in my Xbox: What is the reason why I can't sign in 5c33e0a2-7c93-424d-85da-79c420840a76
  3. for some reason the app store is locked and i can't get back in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    for some reason the app store is locked and i can't get back in: For some reason the app store is locked I can't get back in 402ec136-fbe5-41d8-b7e0-6fd2a3880e09
  4. Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason: Whenever I play on Xbox sometimes I meet a good friend and then next thing I know he blocks me. Like I met this friend about a year and a half ago. After I met him we were in parties every day....
  5. For some reason I can't log back into my fortnite account no matter what I do, can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason I can't log back into my fortnite account no matter what I do, can anyone help?: I tried changing my password but it says the credentials don't work. I made a new account so I can at least play the game and now I'm trying to get my old account back. I tried to contact epic...
  6. I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC): As the title says really. I keep attempting to sign in to the Xbox app but unfortunately I'm unable to. I've tried re-installing the app, and my password works fine on here. When i attempt to...
  7. Hello! For some reason I can't play the game in my notebook even do tho I bought it in my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! For some reason I can't play the game in my notebook even do tho I bought it in my...: Well, after buying the game on my PC I traveled to another city, but when trying to play the game ( using the same account I used to buy the game) the game said I had to buy it....
  8. new Xbox launcher can't detect my games or game pass for no reason

in XboX Insiders
    new Xbox launcher can't detect my games or game pass for no reason: when i updated xbox launcher , now doesn't work well like its used to be . games and game pass always load idk why . Region : egypt gametag: RioSenpai#5798 submitted by /u/Snoo_32224 [link]...
  9. Can't join reward program for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't join reward program for no reason: Hi ! I have a question... I am more that 13 years old and I can't join the reward program. Please help cb619e0c-7d34-4aa8-9a10-7a3c91e30dfa
  10. My privacy settings allow me to access and join clubs but for some reason I can't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My privacy settings allow me to access and join clubs but for some reason I can't.: I've been wanting to join clubs and stuff but since my account was a child account and now I've made mine into an adult by allowing it on my privacy settings, but I can't REALLY access them. The...