For some games I am unable to upload captures to the Xbox network

Discus and support For some games I am unable to upload captures to the Xbox network in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is similar to the one mentioned here:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZinnRitter, Jan 5, 2023.

1. ZinnRitter
    ZinnRitter Guest

My problem is similar to the one mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/bd710fa6-c055-47cb-8d57-f42ba915d195?page=2 I'm not seeing the "Copy Link" button for some games but for others the button is there and the upload is working properly. The "Copy Link" button appears for the other game after I switched back and forth to a capture of a game where it's working and when I click it I'm getting the error message "There was a problem uploading this to the Xbox network"

I don't understand why the above mentioned topic has been closed. Especially as @XBF John said it would be best to use the feedback hub and then post a link in the thread here so people can find it.

Anyways I did exactly that so you can find the issue on the feedback hub here: https://aka.ms/AAj47fu

:)

ZinnRitter, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ZinnRitter, unfortunately the topic has been closed and we still don't have any official position from Microsoft with a solution.

In the link below you can provide feedback to the Microsoft team.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. ZinnRitter Win User

Thank you for your welcoming response.

I've got to ask though if I read you correctly. I've already posted the same issue on the feedback hub (same link as in my original question above), as I'm experiencing the problem using Windows. Do you recommend to provide it again?

Thanks for pointing me to the overview page of getting support in any case.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

"do captures save to the console’s internal storage regardless of whether or not they’re uploaded to the Xbox Network?"

All captures are initially stored on the console before they can be uploaded to the Xbox Network.

Only the captures you choose to be uploaded will be unless you choose automatic uploads in your Settings options.

Only uploaded captures (ie on the Xbox network) can be shared to your profile, clubs, etc.

There is a finite space for captures on the console so if space is all used up any further captures will overwrite the oldest captures.

Its possible to have a copy of a capture on the console as well as on the Xbox network but this limits your consoles storage for new captures. After uploading it's best to delete the console copy.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  6. AhmadTubasi Win User

Xbox game bar does not upload captures and clips

Hi Ricardo

I want the app to upload it to Xbox network so i can share the link.

I dont want to send the file using a specific software/website, i want it to be on the network as I'm used to do on my xbox, i always capture and it automatically uploads the capture to the xbox network and i usually share the link for the clip/capture.

As shown in the image attached the game bar says "there was a problem getting the link for this capture. Try again in a little bit."

Thanks in advance
Thema:

1. For some games I am unable to upload captures to the Xbox network - Similar Threads - games unable upload

2. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  5. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  6. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  7. Persona 3 Reload PC - Unable to load game due to missing P4G BGM DLC

in XboX Insiders
    Persona 3 Reload PC - Unable to load game due to missing P4G BGM DLC: I pre-ordered a digital copy of Persona 3 Reload, and it came with the P4G BGM DLC. I have a save file on Xbox with this DLC enabled. However, I am unable to load the same save file on the PC...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows: I used to be able to upload clips taken from my pc with the xbox game bar but since the last updated the options has disappeared not sure why a66349b5-424a-44f0-b342-7670376dfe3e
  10. Pics/Game Clips won't delete from Xbox network, and I'm also unable to upload. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pics/Game Clips won't delete from Xbox network, and I'm also unable to upload. How do I...: Game clips won't delete from Xbox network, as well as not uploading Game clips or screen shots. I've reset my console, and that didn't work. The same problem persists. I've tried all the methods...