Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several...

Discus and support Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know what to do. I follow the instructions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" and my xbox still continues to have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RooKiEDummY, Nov 4, 2022.

1. RooKiEDummY
    RooKiEDummY Guest

Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several...

I don't know what to do. I follow the instructions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" and my xbox still continues to have the same problem after it restarts... what do I do? Is my xbox fried?

:)

RooKiEDummY, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several times and it does not work after I restart my xbox.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ROOKIEDUMMY

Additional information is needed, please explain to me a bit more your situation.
    What are you trying to do exactly? Add your account?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I appreciate your feedback in advance
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed”

4. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Are you talking about WiFi authentication?
Thema:

1. Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several... - Similar Threads - Followed directions help

2. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  3. Remove followers...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Remove followers...: I'm uncomfortable having followers that I don't know on my account. It's not enough to just block them. I want to be able to remove them entirely. Surely it's not unreasonable to allow this. Is...
  4. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  5. Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers: Hi, I have a serious issue and kind of a breach of contract. The Show offline mode is directly related to "hiding" offline. The problem is that some games (Neverwinter) Allows followers to...
  6. My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?: I have tried to see if it was just a bug going on at first by removing my account off my xbox then hard restarting my xbox. After that I had signed back onto my account and my follower count did...
  7. Bot followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Bot followers: My account was bot followed a while ago, I'm just wondering what I can do about them, it's weird to see 5000 followers on my acount. 093fc387-4d56-40d4-bfc8-425c2ebdbd33
  8. I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep receiving bot followers i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m...: i’m up to 250000 and i don’t want my account banned. I’m getting told it will eventually get me banned. Someone help!! [img] 56a6af05-64fa-49a2-a22e-d48c27641fa4
  9. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  10. Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...: Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 in the Minecraft game on the servers, everything started to lag, something like ping, but it is stable, in the range of...