Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything

Discus and support Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last big update where MSFS2020 was launched on XBox, I can't update or reinstall Flightsimulator2020 on Windows 10 Pro. Steam downloads... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ludwineund Ralf Maeder, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything

Since the last big update where MSFS2020 was launched on XBox, I can't update or reinstall Flightsimulator2020 on Windows 10 Pro.

Steam downloads without a problem the small installer (about 1GB). Running the game, the MSFS Installation Manager takes over the download process and nothing is downloaded.

I requested support on Zendesk, but they only requested my results of a Trace Route and Ping command and I never heard back of them since 31 of july.

In order to troubleshoot, I already tried a lot of things that were recommended on Zendesk with no success.

I also restored Windows 10 back to a date before World Update V, which still updated without any problem, but the issue is unchanged.

All other downloads work normal, including OneDrive, Windows Updates, Steam, third party software downloads, Internet Browsing etc.

The only application that can't download anything is Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020.

Curiously enough, I also own Forza Horizon 3 which I purchased years ago on Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it now and it reinstalls and downloads its 55GB without any problem from the Microsoft Store. Same Microsoft Account, same Gamertag, same Computer.

This leads me to the possibility that I am actively being blocked from downloading Microsoft Flightsimulator files from your servers.

I tried to contact Xbox support via Call-Back, but I get an error message from the virtual assistant that something went wrong once I confirm the area code and telefone number. Really difficult to get support, which is no very encouraging.

Ralf Maeder

:)

Ludwineund Ralf Maeder, Aug 25, 2021
  2. XBF John Win User

Hello Ralf,

I can't say why or what that means specifically - I can't comment or give advice based on 3rd party software because it is not something I am knowledgeable in or can attest to as a solution. If Netlimiter has some directions on how to change the factor from false to true, that is all I can recommend. I would have to ask if Netlimiter Identifies a process of verification of something considered trusted by the communication between your PC and the server or if you try to run MSFS launcher that it reads it as a 3rd party program (it is not in the "Windows Apps like it would be if from the Microsoft Store) and if it is just a manner of running MSFS as an administrator to circumvent these permission errors. Truthfully- this is an answer that feels too simple if you haven't tried but I guess worth putting out there.

The only difference I can see here that can be a variable worth considering is that you are downloading Forza form the Microsoft Store and your are Downloading the Launcher form Steam. That as well may have issues when it comes to "permissions" or what is trusted or not trusted. I could also recommend instead of turning off or on the firewall just adding it to trusted file in your windows device.

Can try that to see if it yields any different results. Your reply was Friday so I am wondering if they got back to you on Twitter or if your Zendesk ticket for MSFS was reactivated or you have seen assistance. I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

3. Ludwineund Ralf Maed Win User

Dear John,

my version of MSFS2020 was purchased on Steam. I already have exhausted all tips and tricks that Microsoft support and the forums recommend. I even got some help of a fellow flightsimmer from South Africa (I live in Centralamerica). With these ultimate tests I was able to disprove my idea that for some reason my account or Gamertag was being blocked, because even with a different account and one that uses the Microsoft Store instead of Steam showed the very same issue on my computer.

To my understanding, there are 3 things left that might be involved in the issue:

1. Windows 10 Pro issue. Though all other services relating to internet are working flawless: Third party downloads with Edge and Chrome browser, third party software downloads, Windows update, Microsoft Onedrive, Steam downloads, Streaming services like Netflix, Zoom, Skype, Teamviewer etc.

2. MSFS2020 incoming traffic is blocked by Internet provider. Reason that this might not be the case: I have two two different internet service providers, one with ADSL and one with Fibrecable. Using either one of them show the same issue with zero downloads via Installation Manager from MSFS2020.

3. MSFS2020 download service is blocked in my region (Guatemala, Centralamerica). Reason that this might not be the case: I used a VPN and changed to different countries with the same negative result.

Without any useful input from Microsoft, my only option left to troubleshoot this issue is a clean installation of Windows 10. Of course one would assume that such a step would not be necessary in order to install a game, but Microsoft has earned its fame as being consistently inconsistent concerning stability and transparency of their operating system.

Ralf Maeder
  4. Ludwineund Ralf Maed Win User

Hello trithai1,

After several month of avoiding to give me an honest support from Zendesk, they acknowledged that my processor is not fullfilling the minimum requirements. It is a Xeon E5-2687w V4, 12 Core 3Ghz. It was supported and running very well since release until they added XBox and improved multi-CPU performance. That was the moment when they broke compatibility with my rig, without informing about it until the very end of my support odyssey. I am now using X-Plane 11 for about 3 months, soon I hope X-Plane 12.

Don't know which processor you are using, but it could be that you have unfortunately one that is only offically supported. Thing is you won't notice why MSFS 2020 is not downloading, it does not give a hint about the nature of the issue. Even support does not seem to know or care.

Good luck with Microsoft/Asosbo.
  5. trithai1 Win User

i have exactly the same problem, trying to download even the Standard mandatory update, more than 5 times from steam games, and finally this is the message: YOUR LAST SESSION OF MICROSFOT FLIGHT SIMULATOR ENDED UNEXPECTEDLY, THIS MAY BE DUE TO INSTALLED 3RD PARTY CONTENT..........

I AM CRYING, I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, WITH LATEST PC RTS 3090 TOP OF THE LINE PC 2 MONTHS OLD, STILL CAN'T INSALL MICROFOT FLIGHT SIMULATOR
  6. XBF John Win User

Hello Ralf,

I appreciate your patience and consideration -- I think there may be a way to make your issues known or be directly contacted about your issue (a last ditch effort). I would try contacting the MSFS Twitter or Support Twitter. They are active on these accounts and by Tweeting or DMing them they may ask for your ticket or some method of solving the issue as you have explained to me here.

Given how much time you have spent and everything that you have tried, I can't imagine that you would be faced without sympathy, or at least find others commenting or messaging about the same issue in the hopes that an update, change, or patch can be made to solve this issue.

Microsoft Flight Simulator (@MSFSofficial) / Twitter

MSFS Support (@MSFS_Support) / Twitter

Asobo Studio ✈️🐀 (@AsoboStudio) / Twitter (The Developer)

I am sorry that there has been no official release on this issue that I can find but I hope the developers can investigate this issue.

Best of Luck,

Thema:

1. Flightsimulator 2020 won't download anything - Similar Threads - Flightsimulator 2020 won't

2. Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?: Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020? 3294aa49-a061-4f1c-a6e1-16c755dd6ebd
  3. MSFS 2020 black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 black screen: So whenever I attempt to teleport to cruise in MSFS 2020, it displays a black screen that can only be stopped by Turing the computer off. The only time I’ve experienced this was with 3rd party...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...: I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 recently but when I booted it up, it said my pc didn't meet the minimum requirements and as a result it is laggy beyond playable. Does anyone know why?...
  5. Help with MS Flight Sim 2020 error report D3D11renderer_Z

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with MS Flight Sim 2020 error report D3D11renderer_Z: My MS Flight Simulator 2020 from Steam was working yesterday and today it is not. I am receiving the following error message. 'Fatal Error D3D11renderer_Z'. I have ensured Windows 0 is up to...
  6. MS Flightsim 2020 does not allow me to purchase any additionmal scenery.

in XBoX on Windows
    MS Flightsim 2020 does not allow me to purchase any additionmal scenery.: Hi All, MS Flightsim 2020 does not allow me to purchase any additionmal scenery. For 2 years the error message is come back later with no error code being displayed. Any idea what I can do....
  7. Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to reinstall msfs 2020 with dvds. When I try to open setup on first disk nothing...: I'm trying to reinstall msfs 2020 from dvds as it didn't work the first time. Now when I run setup from the first disk it does nothing except open the Microsoft store main page?...
  8. MSFS 2020 not downloading properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2020 not downloading properly: Hi. I hope this is relevant for Microsoft, considering it’s one of their products, but I’ve been having an issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator that I bought off of Steam (specifically the 2020...
  9. Flightsimulator product code already used

in XBoX on Windows
    Flightsimulator product code already used: L.S., Installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator does not succeed due to a License Code "already used". Is there a way to have this reset by Microsoft? My father bought the DVD set, we made a...
  10. Microsoft Flightsimulator Update going back and forth.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flightsimulator Update going back and forth.: Hi everybody, i currently expierence the problem, that i try to download all packeges for MS Flightsim, so it's 164GB. But my update is jumping always from 5% back to zero, like the whole time....