Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing

Discus and support Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the Premium Microsoft Flight Simulator - worked fine last week. Yesterday I tried to run the program but it will not load - keeps crashing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scott C. Kennedy, May 22, 2024.

1. Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing

I have the Premium Microsoft Flight Simulator - worked fine last week.

Yesterday I tried to run the program but it will not load - keeps crashing right after the Dune Expansion screens.

Nothing has changed with my computer.

I've tried everything - both Xbox and Store accounts have their proper login - repair tool didn't help - also uninstalled and reloaded the program....

Help! Thanks.....

:)

Scott C. Kennedy, May 22, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Scott. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be happy to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems playing Flight Simulator.

Not only that, but I would like to ask if apart from the troubleshooting steps you mentioned, you tried every other potential solution available in these related articles:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...9-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Checklist
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406047820690
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280399250
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280653202

If your answer is affirmative, could I know if more games are affected, or is it just Flight Simulator?

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Scott C Kennedy Win User

Arturo, I have only Flight Simulator on my PC - no other games.

I’ve tried everything on your list, I also uninstalled all of the Nvidia drivers, made sure that both my store ID and Xbox ID are the same, using English language, used the repair tools, uninstall old version tools, and used to clean up tools… So it’s weird that I was gone for the weekend and came back and now it’s not working… Made sure my Windows is up-to-date. A couple times it loaded to the home screen, but when I went to select on an airplane it then crashed. Many times it doesn’t even make it to the home screen - it crashes after the Dune Expansion screens… Very frustrating! If there is some reason that the game doesn’t want to play, then the game software should tell me what the reason is, but it doesn’t……
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crashing on startup

Hello YU Alex1,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Microsoft Flight Simulator and is unable to because of the constant error message. Based on your description, you have already tried troubleshooting this issue, but the issue persists. We would like to suggest these troubleshooting found from the game's support article. Please perform the troubleshooting suggested and skip those you have already performed.

If your game still crashes

All versions - Crashing/CTDs issues Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

All versions - Crashing/CTDs issues - Basic Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

All versions - Crashing/CTDs issues - Advanced Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

If you are stuck or the game crash when flying

All versions - Stuck or crashing when clicking "Fly" or loading an airport – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Lastly, if you encounter a black loading screen

All versions - Stuck on a black loading screen – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

If issue persist, we encourage you to join the game enthusiast in reporting this issue. Please use this link: CTD Help forum - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

I have problém with set departure and arrival

Hello jan krupka,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are experiencing issues on your MSFS. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern and help you back to gaming.

Here are some fixes that may solve your problem.

1. Keep everything up-to-date. The simplest way to fix Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 bugs is to ensure that the game is fully updated. ...
    2. Ensure your PC meets system requirements. ...
    3. Check for GPU drivers.
    4. Reboot your PC. Sometimes, a simple restart is enough to fix random bugs. ...
    5. Troubleshoot the Xbox one app.
    We would also love to suggest that you visit these links for more details and other information.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. MateusFontana Win User

XBox Series X MSFS 2020 Faulty Recordings

I see, the problem with clips crashing only happens with microsoft flight simulator?
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator will not load - keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator load

2. Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft Flight Simulator ignoring the offline content?: The servers are down so the flight sim gives the message that I need to quit and install the offline content. But it is already installed. I tried removing and re-installing it but the game is...
  3. Microsoft flight simulator save games does not load properly/ I would like a game refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator save games does not load properly/ I would like a game refund: Hello, I just finished purchasing an Xbox series X to purposely play the latest version of MS Flight Simulator.. I noticed that when I load a game from a saved flight, the game does not load...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training: Hello, Quite frustrating, after hours of download I start de game, made a few exploring flights then started the basics lessons. No issues with the first three lessons then when loading the...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator- cloud gaming won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator- cloud gaming won’t load: My son just got new Xbox s. He was playing Microsoft flight simulator through cloud gaming on Xbox one but now this game won’t load through cloud gaming on Xbox s. We have deleted reinstalled we...
  6. How to Fix the Loading bug on Microsoft flight simulator???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Fix the Loading bug on Microsoft flight simulator???: [img] the bar has fully loaded and ive waited about 20 minutes with nothing appearing to be happening, Ive restarted the game but this time with administrator and yet again same thing happend as...
  7. I bought a new PC and when trying to load Flight Simulator X from my disk it says I've used...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a new PC and when trying to load Flight Simulator X from my disk it says I've used...: I bought a new PC and when trying to load Flight Simulator X from my disk it says I've used up all of my license for devices. I need to buy license for this new PC?...
  8. microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am...: microsoft flight simulator keeps crashing on pc before i even load into the menu. I am using windows 11 and havent overclocked it. d2afe72e-2523-4b3a-bd7b-03f8e458d516
  9. Flight Simulator Crash when loading and back to the desktop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator Crash when loading and back to the desktop: Hello everyone, I need your help please, I bought a new computeur just to play at flight simulator, the first few weeks everything was fine, then i did not play for 3 weeks and for one week now...
  10. Flight Simulator Game pass Version on PC wont load properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator Game pass Version on PC wont load properly: I have Flight Simulator installed and was playing it without issue for week or so when it stopped loading properly. the game opens the small window when loading then when loading finishes it goes...