Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game....

Discus and support Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Winver output: [img] b9801591-2a96-40fb-9ef2-b43ae606566b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ilaurenc01, Nov 30, 2022.

1. ilaurenc01
    ilaurenc01 Guest

Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game....

Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game.... [​IMG]

Winver output:

Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game.... [​IMG]

:)

ilaurenc01, Nov 30, 2022
  2. EdgarTakakura Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

1) I downloaded the game through Microsoft Store

2) Launch the game with same problem (press any key to start) agian & again

3) then close the game!

4) download Xbox (beta) from Microsoft Store

5) launch Xbox (beta)

6) launch Flight Simulator from Xbox (beta)

7) problem sloved with (press any key to start)

now looks like updating or something?

Still unable to play!
    In my case, I uninstalled Xbox Game pass and Flight Simulator, install both again and run

After 5 hours (91GB download) everything was ok!
  3. XBF - Tali Win User

msfs2020 dernière Maj

Hello Gegedu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I understand that you no longer have access to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. To further assist, can you please provide additional details to the following questions?

Are you receiving a specific error code while trying to launch the game or is it refusing to launch at all?
    Did you recently receive this error after a Windows update or an update with Flight Simulator?
    Are any other PC games refusing to launch or having errors other than Flight Simulator?

In the meantime, I’ll list a couple of articles below that may able to help you troubleshoot.

Game Stability Troubleshooting on Windows 10
    Flight Simulator Troubleshooting

Looking forward to your response!

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  4. Kayden-Zy Win User

Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

This should have nothing to do with windows insider. I got it fixed (turns out i could literally just install it this whole time,) but now there is an issue with a certain game. Microsoft Flight Simulator (2023), first I get a COM surrogate (Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item) and it led to the Windows app directory install of MSFS (GameLaunchhelper.exe specifically), then I get a warning on the Xbox app itself stating: Microsoft Flight Simulator couldn't launch. Something went wrong, please try again or click on the error code to learn more.

0x800704c7

Yet when I go towards your website, and look for the code... It magically DOESN'T exist. Meaning you guys have never had this problem before, or never bothered to create a tutorial on how to fix it. So, what do I do. (This seems to only be for MSFS right now, all other games seem to be fine ATM)
  5. AzyadNawfal2010 Win User

Where do I report bugs found on Xbox One?

Hi there,I just bought my Xbox One S on Saturday and there is something wrong with it.I cannot install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on Microsoft Store.And,are we allowed to play Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox?Thank you.
  6. The Wolfs Fangs Win User

xbox live disconnects during gameplay

i noticed you played flight simulator i wonder if it has something to do with playing on games for windows i played tinker and flight simulator
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator updated recently. Now I get "Something went wrong launching your game.... - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator updated

2. Flight simulator update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flight simulator update: Please can someone help me I’ve bought the flight simulator for my son it downloaded in steam but now says needs an update it’s now taken 12 hours and only on 13 percent. Is this normal???...
  3. Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...
  4. I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....: I have an Xbox and Microsoft flight simulator. When I start msfs, it shows that it needs an update When I click on « update », it shows that it can’t do the update And then when I retry to...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems: Hello today the new msfs arrived (dvd version) when after I installed it I needed to do a mandatory update but when the update was at like 8Gb it went back to 5 Gb...
  6. I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...: I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for PC owners of the game, but I cannot find it for example: And, best of all, the Microsoft Flight...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen: I have this problem over time, and now i can't play the game. When i launch the game by steam it opens in the same screen ang get stuck aways. I tried to delete roaming folders, remove the...
  8. can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...: can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on xcloud microsoft flight simulator please? 310cf484-e5b1-4570-a822-0688d474dbee
  9. microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...: this has been going on for a week and ive waited 3 hours today a0237ffc-3e16-4d02-ba91-a239ab6275f1
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work: After opening the game, the installation manager opens and the update starts, but nothing changes and the update does not load. By the way, it always worked before. I have no internet problems and...