Flight Simulator install and code redeeming issue

Discus and support Flight Simulator install and code redeeming issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Installed Microsoft flight simulator standard 10 DVD pack and now cant see a desktop icon. Went online and redeemed the activation code and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Caddymeister, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Caddymeister
    Caddymeister Guest

Installed Microsoft flight simulator standard 10 DVD pack and now cant see a desktop icon. Went online and redeemed the activation code and nothing happens. It has installed successfully and the hard drive is 150gb heavier with data but how do you launch the game ?

i5 6500

16gb ram

1660 gtx gpu

1tb hdd

:)

Caddymeister, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

The webpage to download Flight Simulator to my computer froze. Now Im unable to use my code?

Hello,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are trying to download Flight Simulator and you have a code of your license. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

According to this support article from the game, you will need to install the English language pack for apps and websites before you install the game.

Support article: Microsoft Store version - Download & Installation guide – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Instructions here:

Followed by the installation of the game - Microsoft Flight Simulator will need access to Microsoft Store. If any case, you have not redeemed the code, you may redeem it through Microsoft Store app [Microsoft Store - How to redeem your Microsoft Flight Simulator code? – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)]. Please ensure you are signed into the correct Microsoft account by clicking your profile icon located at top right corner. Select Redeem code or gift cards and enter the 25-character code, and then select Redeem. Then, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator then click Install.

Should you need to perform troubleshooting, please check these links:

Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues - Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)
    Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues - Basic Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues - Advanced Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Reactivating Flght sim after a computer change

Hello Steve Stubbs,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are trying to reload Flight Simulator and you have to activate the code of your license. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

According to this support article from the game, you will need to install the English language pack for apps and websites before you install the game.

Support article: Microsoft Store version - Download & Installation guide – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Instructions here:

Followed by the installation of the game - Microsoft Flight Simulator will need access to Microsoft Store. If any case, you have not redeemed the code, you may redeem it through Microsoft Store app [Microsoft Store - How to redeem your Microsoft Flight Simulator code? – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)]. Please ensure you are signed into the correct Microsoft account by clicking your profile icon located at top right corner. Select Redeem code or gift cards and enter the 25-character code, and then select Redeem. Then, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator then click Install.

Should you need to perform troubleshooting, please check these links:

Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

Microsoft Store - Download & Installation issues - Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues - Basic Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues - Advanced Troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. JustinAlex1 Win User

How do I download from my Microsoft acct. to my PC a flight simulator 2020?

Hello ! If you've already redeemed the code for the game, just open up the Xbox application on your PC or the Microsoft store, search for Microsoft flight simulator and there should be an option to install it.
  5. Joshua Hayes2 Win User

Installing Microsoft Flight Simulator

Thank you

I have uninstalled and then re-installed. Obviously I can't then redeem the code again as it is already redeemed and linked to my account.

As I cannot redeem the code a second time it does not want to then go on and install the microsoft flight simulator software launcher.

Is there a way to do this manually?

Thanks again,

Kevin
  6. Mitchell - MSFT Win User

my flight simulator key will not activate even after try to uninstall simulator.

Hello Edgar D'souza,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Please allow me to assume that you are trying to activate the Microsoft Flight Simulator, but seem to be having some difficulty at the moment?

Normally, if you purchase a game directly from the Microsoft Store, the game will be tied directly to your Microsoft account. After downloading and installing the game, log in with your account to play.

But given that you are referring here to the flight simulator key, can I understand that you may have a Microsoft flight simulator code, but you don't know how to redeem it?

You may wish to follow the instructions in the following link to redeem, and once the redemption is complete, the game will be linked to your Microsoft account:

How to redeem your Microsoft Flight Simulator code on your Microsoft account – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

But if this is not what you want, or I misunderstand your question, since it is a game activation issue, please go to the official Microsoft Flight Simulator forum to try to get help. There is a game support team here to help you:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator install and code redeeming issue - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator install

2. Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with installing Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 11: I have had the flight simulator premium deluxe 40th anniversary game since December 2023. It is installed on the xbox series x console and works fine. I installed it on Windows 10 with the Xbox...
  3. Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC: Hi - I purchase a copy of MS Flight Simulator from CDKeys and redeemed it in Microsoft Store. I have tried to find how I install it with no success. I am completely new to XBox (App) on my PC and...
  4. I bought the MS Flight Simulator for PC, but when I want to install it appears the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the MS Flight Simulator for PC, but when I want to install it appears the...: Hi, I bought the MS Flight Simulator for PC, but when I want to install it appears the following message: Try again later - Something happen on our end. What this mean? What can I do?...
  5. I have no idea how to install/play Flight Simulator on my Windows 10 computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have no idea how to install/play Flight Simulator on my Windows 10 computer?: Purchased Flight Simulator online in Nov, 2023. Expected a disk. Only received a receipt. MS has done absolutely nothing for me to get it installed and playable on my PC. One advisor that I was...
  6. Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator installation keeps reversing: I have purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator for my son for Christmas. I have downloaded the installation file from Steam. I then start the installation for it to only reach 17% then begin...
  7. Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator is fully downloaded but the install button turned yellow and...: sorry for my bad vocabulary and spelling english is not my firs language what do i need to do to fix this. i cant reinstall the game becouse there is no delete button (i searched every where)....
  8. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  9. How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??: Hi, I had the game already installed but deleted it for some games. Now, when I install it, the installation manager tells me that it has to install 168GB of data. I leave it running and after...
  10. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...