Flight Simulator 2020 - Stuck in Microsoft security login loop

Discus and support Flight Simulator 2020 - Stuck in Microsoft security login loop in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; At the point where the game asks you to "press any key to continue", it connects to a Microsoft account. This has always worked in the past. Now, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zzubnik, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Zzubnik
    Zzubnik Guest

At the point where the game asks you to "press any key to continue", it connects to a Microsoft account. This has always worked in the past. Now, I am asked for a security key. A window appears which says "Windows Security, making sure it's you", and tells me to insert my security key into the USB port. Using "Other ways to sign in" on this screen merely restarts the loop. No option I can find can exit this loop of sadness.

I don't have a security key and never have. I have looked in my account, and that is not an enabled option. I do have 2FA enabled. I have tried turning this off with no better result. I have logged in and out of my Windows and Microsoft accounts and reinstalling the software.

I am really stuck, and it seems others have had this in the past and never found a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Zzubnik, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Zzubnik Win User

Hi Lucas, and thanks. I am on Windows 10, and I purchased the game through Steam.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Zzubnik. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

May I know if you are playing the game through the Xbox app or through Steam?

Also, are you running Windows 10 or 11 on your computer?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, please try the steps below:

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

Restart your computer. Sign in with the local account but use your main Microsoft account for the game. See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

For the Steam version, first please check the game files integrity:

- Load Steam.

- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties.

- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files.

- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

After that, please create another local account on Windows:

- Press Windows + R.Type netplwiz and press Enter.

- Click Add button.

- Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. If you do not see that option, disconnect from the Internet.

- Click Local account if prompted.

- Type the username you want, and the password. You must also specify a hint. Click Next, then Finish.

Make the new local account an admin account:

- Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Select the Account Owner Name (you should see "Local account" below the name) > Change Account Type. Select Administrator, then OK.

- Sign in with the new Administrator Account.

Try to run the game again and please let me know how it goes.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome. I'm really glad it is working now!

If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Else, have a nice week and great gaming!
Thema:

1. Flight Simulator 2020 - Stuck in Microsoft security login loop - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator 2020

2. Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020?: Is Microsoft flight simulator 40th anniversary the same as Microsoft flight simulator 2020? 3294aa49-a061-4f1c-a6e1-16c755dd6ebd
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 says my pc doesn't meet the minimal requirements even...: I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 recently but when I booted it up, it said my pc didn't meet the minimum requirements and as a result it is laggy beyond playable. Does anyone know why?...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 : Stuck at loading for the 4th training: Hello, Quite frustrating, after hours of download I start de game, made a few exploring flights then started the basics lessons. No issues with the first three lessons then when loading the...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems: Hello today the new msfs arrived (dvd version) when after I installed it I needed to do a mandatory update but when the update was at like 8Gb it went back to 5 Gb...
  6. How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I install Flight Simulator 2020??: Hi, I had the game already installed but deleted it for some games. Now, when I install it, the installation manager tells me that it has to install 168GB of data. I leave it running and after...
  7. I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...: I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for PC owners of the game, but I cannot find it for example: And, best of all, the Microsoft Flight...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen: I have this problem over time, and now i can't play the game. When i launch the game by steam it opens in the same screen ang get stuck aways. I tried to delete roaming folders, remove the...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 - Login credentials not saved, asked to log in every time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Flight Simulator 2020 - Login credentials not saved, asked to log in every time.: Hello, since a few months ago MSFS 2020 on a PC doesn't sign me in automatically. I get the "Let's get you signed in" prompt, then my account comes up and once selected another prompt to...
  10. Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 crashes without any reason and error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 crashes without any reason and error message: It is keep crashing after about 30 mins after loading in flight. I have already reinstalled it multiple times, i even reinstalled my windows 11 but nothing helps. My specs: RTX 3070 I5 12400F...