Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:...

Discus and support Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Completred latest windows10 updates and now Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070002) I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WetDogDryBone, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:...

Completred latest windows10 updates and now Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start:

Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070002)

I've seen this question posted before, but no resolution or answers to it.

Help!???

:)

WetDogDryBone, Feb 9, 2023
  2. WetDogDryBone Win User

Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070002)

Excellent!

This seems to have fixed it. It's now downloading an update.

~Looks promising! :)

Thanks for the help!
  3. WetDogDryBone Win User

Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80070002)

It is 2H22.

All windows updates also installed as of today.

All library apps etc updated.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please go to Settings > System > About. The Windows version should be 2H22. If you don't have that one, please download the latest one from this link, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo....
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.
  6. Ignatius SCHOLTZ Win User

Microsoft Flight simulator for PC

It is Flight sim 2020 40th edition.
Thema:

Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:...

1. Flight Sim 40th Ed won't start: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code:... - Similar Threads - Flight Sim 40th

2. Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset...: Can I use a VR headset to play msfs (flight sim) on a Xbox X. If yes, which VR headset would you recommend ? e2fb82fc-6a51-40a1-b136-2731426204cf
  3. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  4. My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.: Okay so first and foremost, I made the mistake of verifying the integrity of game files on Steam, because I've done some extensive research and people have said that it has caused their game to...
  5. Help with MS Flight Sim 2020 error report D3D11renderer_Z

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with MS Flight Sim 2020 error report D3D11renderer_Z: My MS Flight Simulator 2020 from Steam was working yesterday and today it is not. I am receiving the following error message. 'Fatal Error D3D11renderer_Z'. I have ensured Windows 0 is up to...
  6. flight sim on quest 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    flight sim on quest 3: I recently acquired a Meta Quest 3 and am thrilled about the prospect of playing Microsoft Flight Simulator in VR. However, I've encountered a challenge as there are no tutorials available for the...
  7. Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th: Hello, I have the steam edition and my friend plays on pc through xbox app. I have logged into microsoft account already and have gamebar but can't join. Please help!...
  8. How to I download Microsoft Flight Sim 40th Aniv edition (XBOX) to my Windows 10 PC?q

in XBoX on Windows
    How to I download Microsoft Flight Sim 40th Aniv edition (XBOX) to my Windows 10 PC?q: I purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition 40th Anniversary Edition from the Microsoft Store (PI removed by moderator). How do I download it? If I have already downloaded it where...
  9. MS Flight Sim 40th Anniversary Sound Not Working on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Flight Sim 40th Anniversary Sound Not Working on Xbox: Hello - I just downloaded the 40th anniversary update on my xbox and the in game sound does not work. This issue only occurs on flight sim, all my other games have in game sound. Any suggestions?...
  10. Hi i have Microsoft Flight sim 2020 on Xbox for PC and since the upgrade to 40th its get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i have Microsoft Flight sim 2020 on Xbox for PC and since the upgrade to 40th its get...: Hi I recently install MS flight sim 2020 on a new Alien ware system R14 which worked ok but today have tried to load and it has a launch screen but no longer loads. It has been updated to the...