Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent...

Discus and support Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello all, I was playing apex last night, and in the middle of a game my entire screen froze and the game crashed. The home screen started flickering,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YT RedLightning, May 13, 2023.

1. Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent...

Hello all,

I was playing apex last night, and in the middle of a game my entire screen froze and the game crashed. The home screen started flickering, and when I tried opening the game back up it froze halfway through the launch. I restarted my Xbox, nothing, and even did a full factory reset and still nothing. Even with all data wiped off the console (including apex), the glitch persisted. The weird thing is, all games work perfectly normal, and the flickering screen doesn’t have any actual effects on the console. The only thing that is actually effected is apex legends, which gets stuck on a black screen when opened.

I’m not exactly sure where this seems familiar from, but I feel like I have seen this glitch before. Maybe some of you have seen this before as well and know what to do. I normally am the go to tech support guy but I’m stumped here. The only thing I really use my series S for is playing apex, so the game not working anymore practically makes my Xbox useless. I would be happy to offer anyone a reward who is able to find a solution, given that my entire console is at stake. I will attach a video of the flickering on the home screen, and a picture of the black screen apex gets stuck on.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help! If anyone can save me from another $300 xbox I’d be happy to reward them!

Links to videos of problem:

Flickering on xbox home screen: https://youtube.com/shorts/tiNWcSpFaLc

Apex Legends getting stuck when launching: https://youtube.com/shorts/TczDPTIaSvM

:)

YT RedLightning, May 13, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent flickering and Apex won't open

Hi YT, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this in your Xbox Series S
    May I know if you tried using a different HDMI cable to see if that makes a difference?
    Or maybe connecting the console to a different HDMI port in your TV

Also, may I know if your console is enrolled yo the insiders program?
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent flickering and Apex won't open

Given that you've tried a full restart, a factory reset, and reinstalling games, unfortunately I think it's possibly GPU failure, as the sparkling you're seeing on screen is a symptom of that.

Have you got another HDMI cable you can try? How long have you had the console?
  4. Gregvk49 Win User

Xbox Series S crashing often

Hi,

It has done it after doing the above steps but this time there was no noise or black screen it just crashed straight to the Home Screen and isn't letting them start the game.

Thanks.
  5. Ackis Win User

Xbox One X HDMI disconnects

Just Apex Legends? Black screen for a second or two? Resolves itself?
  6. paintballgirl Win User

HELP!!! Bingo app crashed on startup.

I tried all those steps, but it still isn't working on the Surface Pro 3. The flicker has stopped, but as soon as it gets to the loading screen and the music starts, it freezes for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. :-(
Thema:

Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent...

1. Flickering screen started after Apex Legends crashed, now home screen has permanent... - Similar Threads - Flickering screen started

2. Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen Flickering to Desktop while playing Xbox App Games: There's a weird graphical issue I'm having when playing games through the Xbox app on Windows 11. When clicking or pressing any buttons in the game, the screen briefly flickers and shows the...
  3. Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?: So I have a Skyworth TV (supposedly 4K but only supports up to 1080p) and I have my Xbox Series S connected to it. Recently the screen has started to flicker when the Xbox is connected to it, now...
  4. Xbox one X DVD screen flicker

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one X DVD screen flicker: Hi there, I have this issue with each DVD I put into my Xbox one X. The screen flickers/flashes and then shows a static screen like a TV with no signal or whatever. The menu screen and music...
  5. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  6. why is my screen flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my screen flickering: why does my screen flicker while using xbox x and s 8a4bf758-e68a-425d-a811-7fcf33a39c8c
  7. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  8. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: The only way I get it to stop for a short period of time is by when I encounter the issue, I immediately unplug my Xbox, plug it back in, go to settings, and then reset my alternate Mac address....
  9. Why is my Xbox one X screen flickering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox one X screen flickering: When using my Xbox One X, the screen glitches when playing Star Wars Survivor. I cannot play the game without it affecting the screen/Xbox.. any suggestions? 3d5c3e01-5aae-49cb-b4ea-2a60b6e81db9
  10. My Asus G752VS screen Flicker sometimes or has static effect lines

in XBoX on Windows
    My Asus G752VS screen Flicker sometimes or has static effect lines: I have my laptop since 2016 and this problem occurred around two years ago. It wasn't sever at the time, but now it happen more often. So when i open the laptop the screen is fine, but for some...