Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!!

Discus and support Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So we are having an issue that we can't figure out w/ our flash drive. We download a map pack for COD BO2 and it works fine, then if we switch games or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by deminna, Jul 10, 2014.

1. deminna
    deminna Guest

Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!!

So we are having an issue that we can't figure out w/ our flash drive. We download a map pack for COD BO2 and it works fine, then if we switch games or turn off the console and try to play COD again our DLC is missing. We have tried everything we can think
    of, remove the flash drive before and after we turn off the console, leave the flash drive in before and after we turn on the console, remove or leave the flash drive in before and after changing games and the result is always the same, the DLC is gone. We
    CAN NOT figure out why we can't get the DLC to stay on the drive.

I will try to give as much info on this as I can. We have tried 3 different brand new flash drives that have all been actual Xbox drives, we have a new 360 slim that came with only 4 gigs (which is why we had to buy the drive). We have used the 360 to format
    the drives and all of them have had the exact same issue. We have tried all 3 drives on our older 360 slim that has a larger internal drive and we have the exact same issue with the external. We have also tried allocating a portion of the drive for the DLC
    and again the same thing happens, if we leave COD and go back to it, it shows we dont have the DLC.So every single time we want to play we have to download the DLC again. We have tried switching which DLC is on the flash drive, same problem. We have also tried
    just going to download the map pack when it shows nothing is on the flash drive without formatting and then it will say the flash drive (we make sure to pick the external and not the internal) is full which isn't right since the DLC is only about 1.7 GB and
    our flash is 7 GB, so we then again have to format using the 360 and download the map pack again.

I hope I have given enough info on the equipment being used and all the different things we have tried. I could really use some help with this because it's very frustrating to have to spend 10 minutes every time we want to play COD downloading the map packs
    that we have already downloaded 100 times. Oh, also the game plays the DLC just fine once we download it again. It only disappears once we stop playing and move onto something else, then go back, shows the flash is empty and that we cant play the different
    maps . I'm at a complete loss as to why it does this so if anyone can think of a fix I would love you forever!! Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!! :) Sorry for the length of this post, I just wanted to try to answer any questions 1st of any obvious questions that may come up.

:)

deminna, Jul 10, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Please Help Me Before I throw my Console out the Window.

Hey there Hammer,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your proofs.

Please post in the
    Beta forums
    with your issue so they can provide support for you there.

MisterFizzle, Jul 10, 2014
  3. Please Help Me Before I throw my Console out the Window.

Hey there Hammer,

Sorry your having some issues. Please try the following.

Problem

You see the following error code and message when you try to download your Xbox LIVE profile to your Xbox console:

Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles cannot be loaded right now. Please try again later.

Status code: 80151103.

This may mean one of the following:

• There is a temporary problem with the Xbox LIVE service.
    • Your Microsoft account is blocked.

Solutions

To resolve the problem, try the following solutions.

Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft account security information

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Visit Microsoft account.
    Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in by using your password,
    Reset your password.

1. Click Edit security info.
    2. Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number,
      Alternate email address, and Security question information.
    3. Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
    4. Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.
    Solution 2: Clear the System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.
    3. Select Storage or Memory.
    4. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    5. Select Clear System Cache.
    6. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes
    Solution 3: Move and then re-download your Xbox LIVE profile

1. Format a spare
      USB flash drive
      as a Memory Unit.
    2. Move your profile to the USB flash drive that you formatted in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Plug the USB flash drive into your console.
    2. From the Dashboard, go to settings, and then select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
    5. Select Move.
    6. Select the Memory Unit that you want to move your profile to.
    7. Remove the USB flash drive or memory unit from your console.
    Solution 4: Go to the Microsoft account support page

If you still experience this problem after trying the solutions above, go to the

Microsoft account
    page for more information.

If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the link below.

Contact Us | Xbox Support

Hope this helps

BriceMcMillan, Jul 10, 2014
  4. Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!!

hello deminna,

this sound very familiar to an issue I had with an arcade game where it was revert back to a trial every time. the issue was due to license conflicts, where i had purchased the game on a friends console. so awhile i owned the game, the digital license belongs
    offline to the original console, so every time I played the game at home it need me to re-download the game.

if this is the case for you in anyway the solution for you would be to transfer the license to you console. the following link will walk you thought the process

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

hope that helps

The Buddha Seb, Jul 10, 2014
  5. The Buddha Seb Win User

hello deminna,

this sound very familiar to an issue I had with an arcade game where it was revert back to a trial every time. the issue was due to license conflicts, where i had purchased the game on a friends console. so awhile i owned the game, the digital license belongs
    offline to the original console, so every time I played the game at home it need me to re-download the game.

if this is the case for you in anyway the solution for you would be to transfer the license to you console. the following link will walk you thought the process

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

hope that helps
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Error Code:E102

Hi Kyle,

No problem! Just be sure that you don't have any important documents/photos/files on the flash drive before doing this. You'll need to reformat the flash drive to accept the file (which is linked in the solution from the 2nd link I provided before).

Here's how to get your flash drive ready: How to format a flash drive to NTFS on Windows.

I hope that this helps a bit more. I've had to do this before, too, in the past, so let us know if you have any other questions as we'd be glad to help!
  7. DustinUssery Win User

dlc and flash drive issues..plz help!!!

Any time. Was going to recommend what you already did if it still had the same issue afterwards, lol. Way ahead of me :D
  8. DustinUssery Win User

It's possible that you might have to reformat your flash drive. I'm assuming that your console is up-to-date with the latest software and your flash drive is plugged in, so to reformat:

(1)Press the Guide button, go to "Settings", then select "System Settings"

(2) Select "Storage" or "Memory"

(3) Select "USB Storage Device"

(4) Select "Configure Now" and confirm

If it pops up with a "Performance Warning" or "Can't Configure"...let us know.
  9. deminna Win User

Thank you. Every time we turned the console on it made us reconfigure the flash drive. We ended up taking 2 back to the store. The 3rd replacement worked right so I'm guessing there was just an issue with the first 2. Thanks again for the response!
Thema:

1. Flash drive/ DLC problems...plz help before I throw this out of the 3rd story window!!! - Similar Threads - Flash drive DLC

2. error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) when trying to use flash drive 3.0 for capture and share storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) when trying to use flash drive 3.0 for capture and share storage: Ya I have it formatted to NTFS and it’s 128GB flash drive 3.0 as well. Won’t shown up on the preferences for capture and share gameplay as a drive. Only shows internal drive so is it for sure this...
  3. Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?: As title says it, I'm curious why we hadn't gotten this particular issue explained. It would be big help and boon for specific games to be updated for those who don't have Internet because they...
  4. How can I get my 360 saved games to my Series X? I have tried Flash Drive. Cloud is only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my 360 saved games to my Series X? I have tried Flash Drive. Cloud is only...: I have tried using a flash drive, and it does not work. If format on the 360 and copy the saved game the Series X don't read the drive as a "Game and App" external drive. I want to copy to Cloud,...
  5. I have tried 2 different 3.0 new flash drives in the Xbox one S and it does not detect it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have tried 2 different 3.0 new flash drives in the Xbox one S and it does not detect it: Hi . My kid wants to record gaming onto an external drive. Bought 2 new 3.0 flash drives . None get detected. I formatted them properly to NTFS but when I go to capture settings and look for...
  6. Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow?: When I plug in my usb and go to capture and share to use it as my capture device, it says it is too slow! I have formatted it as ntfs and it still does not work! I have recorded multiple times on...
  7. how do I reset without the buttons and the flash drive for my xbox that's frozen

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do I reset without the buttons and the flash drive for my xbox that's frozen: +e and co. gamers hay is anyone up that can help me with aid Digital reset or a reset with a flash drive for my Xbox It is frozen and won't let me reset it And the buttons won't let me press them...
  8. Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive: So i have a homework assignment to build the great wall of China in Minecraft, but I need my teacher to be able to access it, but I'm building it on Xbox, so I thought I could export it onto a...
  9. Having weird storage issues w/ dlc and flash drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having weird storage issues w/ dlc and flash drive: OK.. thought this was fixed. Let me start with my original post then I will explain more: I have a 4 gig HD so I purchased a flash drive so I could get map packs. Every time I turn the xbox back...
  10. dlc and flash drive issues..plz help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    dlc and flash drive issues..plz help!!!: I have a 4 gig HD so I purchased a flash drive so I could get map packs. Every time I turn the xbox back on all my content is erased from the flash drive and I have to download everything again. I...