Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox

Discus and support Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok looked around on the forum and could not find an answer that would work with what I have. So Youtube videos badly overscan on my system, This is the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shelby Markus, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox

Ok looked around on the forum and could not find an answer that would work with what I have. So Youtube videos badly overscan on my system, This is the ONLY thing that overscans on my system. Is there a solution that does not involve me having to change my TV settings? If there is not solution please let me know also. Thanks

:)

Shelby Markus, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Shelby! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

What exactly is your Xbox console model?
    Does your console dashboard and other stuff in it look fine on your display without overscanning?
    Does the issue only happen to YouTube app?

For our basic troubleshooting steps, try to reinstall the YouTube app itself.

Check this settings as well:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings.
    Under General, select TV & display options.
    Video fidelity and overscan.
    Overrides > Select HDMI.
  3. coco meat train Win User

Edge Not Scaling Properly

There is a setting to allow apps to use a border.

Settings, display and sound, video output, video fidelity and overscan. Toggle off apps can use a border. That should fix it.
  4. AndrewCatt13 Win User

Xbox one overscan option.

Should i turn off the overscan option in the video settings on the Xbox one because there is a app that some stuff that i cant see on the app when overscan is enabled. I disable it I can see the entire screen but they recommend you to leave it enabled
    so do i disable it or no?
    I recommend turning it off. Overscan is mainly used for bigger TVs like 45"(ish)+

On my Xbox, I have overscan turned off and everything is fine.

I hope this helped!
  5. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Youtube thumbnails not showing on Microsoft Edge on my Xbox 1

Hi,

This is a known problem with youtube and the problem is at youtube until its fixed the best way is to use the youtube app on xbox
  6. OllyBongo89 Win User

YouTube app fix?

Managed to get the cheevo to pop watching Eminem Stan, I had to like the video, then dislike it, then re like it and it worked sound
Thema:

1. Fixing overscan on YouTube app for Xbox - Similar Threads - Fixing overscan YouTube

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  4. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  7. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  8. How do I fix game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game bar?: Hi, every time I use the Xbox Game Bar, specifically Xbox party, it tells me that, "Background Permissions" are turned off. I checked my Windows Settings, and I picked, "allow." I have terminated,...
  9. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  10. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?: When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When...