[FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and...

Discus and support [FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset uses a jack in which it plugs into a thing where there are 2 other jacks that go into my PC. Today, the headset has had an issue in which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mr headsets constantly, Jan 27, 2023.

1. [FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and...

My headset uses a jack in which it plugs into a thing where there are 2 other jacks that go into my PC.

Today, the headset has had an issue in which if I plug my mic into one jack, I can talk and my mic sends through my voice, but I can't hear anything else. If I swap them around, though, I can hear but my pic is purely static and not my voice.

:)

mr headsets constantly, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

[FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and the other doesn't.

Hi mr headsets constantly blowing up,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you have issue on your Microphone and Headphone attached to your PC. You use a jack that has two plug-ins and when you use it, you can talk but you cannot hear anything. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    2. Xbox app and Gaming services version?

Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    3. What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    4. Was this working normal before?
    5. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    6. What are the device specs, make and mode
    7. Do you have the current windows update?
    8. Have you tried using it to another PC/ device to check if it has the same problem?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Solution 1:

Go to Settings > Devices > Autoplay to look for the device and change the default behavior in its Dropdown Menu.

If the problem persists.

Right click Volume icon in System Tray at right end of task bar,

Open Sound Settings, in dropdown menus at top make sure Headphones are selected.

Solution 2: Troubleshooting.

Hardware Troubleshooter at Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

Go to the Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button, choose Sound controller device, on Driver tab choose Roll back or Uninstall, restart PC using keyboard to Ctrl Alt Del, on blue screen tab to Power Icon in bottom right, press Enter, arrow down to Restart, press Enter to restart to reinstall the driver.

Do the same for the headset device and/or it's microphone.

Update the Sound driver from the PC or Device maker's Support downloads web page. While there also check that the Chipset, BIOS, Display, USB, Network and all other drivers are the most current.

Sometimes it helps to unpair or disconnect all other Bluetooth devices from the PC in Bluetooth settings, then try again to connect the headset.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Uk BringTheRain Win User

When is MS going to admit a problem with controller and mic exists???

So more of my friends are getting xbox 1 consoles and last night in a party of 4 only 1 was able to use the mic. The rest of us was kinnects.

The 3 brothers swapped around controllers and mics and managed to get 2 working. So it proves its a connection issue between the mic and controller itself........
  4. Unreal Warfare Win User

Xbox one headset adapter + Apple earpods

The mic won't work. You'll only be able to use them as headphones (with the above fix).
  5. NovelGnome543 Win User

Xbox One Wired Mic not working

My mic is not working, like my mute button isn't turning on and my volume beeping isn't working either. It's not the controller because i have 2 mics and only one of them work with my controller. Whenever I speak it works but when they are talking i can
    only hear them like my mic is on 1% volume. PLEASE HELP!
  6. JohnnyNiky Win User

My Mic Wont Work On Xbox

Its Just ordinary apple earphones that have a mic

I tried it with my bros controller it still didn't work

the earphones work with all of my other devices

it never worked

I went in settings and turned my mic on still didn't work

Im in Canada there is no gamestop

I tried 2 earphones with mics and 1 Bose headphones still didn't work

:(
Thema:

[FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and...

1. [FIXED] My headphones or mic only work in 1 port, if I swap them around only 1 works and... - Similar Threads - FIXED headphones mic

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  4. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  5. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  6. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  7. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  8. How do I fix game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game bar?: Hi, every time I use the Xbox Game Bar, specifically Xbox party, it tells me that, "Background Permissions" are turned off. I checked my Windows Settings, and I picked, "allow." I have terminated,...
  9. High pitch screeching noises on headphones fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    High pitch screeching noises on headphones fix: Hey guys... so I bought this new 400 rands over ear noise canceling gaming headphones but when I plug it in and turn my controller on it makes high pitch screeching noises also when I turn my...
  10. How to fix choppy headphone audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix choppy headphone audio: I recently got a new Xbox series x and ever sense I got it I have been having problems with the audio on a and off seeming at random. I used different controller and headsets and it still randomly...