Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

Discus and support Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account. If you're having this issue,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheUnusualGuy, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft"

I just want to share this fix that I've found for not being able to login to PS4/PS5 Minecraft with a Microsoft Account.

If you're having this issue, change your PlayStation account (PSN) email address to a temporary email address (I would advise against using disposable emails on the internet as they can be intercepted). Wait 15 minutes.

Once 15 minutes have passed, change your PSN email address back to what it was before. Wait an additional 15 minutes, then attempt to log in.

I know this sounds like nonsense, but I believe that Microsoft does not always register the synced PSN account correctly. Performing this PSN email change can correct that issue.

As a reminder, once a PlayStation and Microsoft account are linked together, they cannot be changed to any other account, even if one of them is deleted.

:)

TheUnusualGuy, Jun 4, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft has nothing to do with this other than confirming your authentication. Sony is responsible for every aspect of this, and they do not let you link anything with the original account linked to any PSN account ever,

I personally would not be playing these games, because I don't know what their enforcement team does when you expoit a bug like that to bypass one of their policies, So anyone trying this is taking a big risk.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

i cant log with any account that i own in my ps5, it says “oops this account is allready connected” “log with your previous logged account” help

You cannot see on the Microsoft website if you linked your PSN account to it or not.

Have you ever played Minecraft on your or a friend's Playstation?

Or maybe have a friend ever played Minecraft on your Playstation?

I ask because maybe your Microsoft account is not linked to any PSN account, but the PSN account on your PS5 is already linked to other Microsoft account - which makes it impossible for you to sign in and link your current Microsoft account to it.
  4. XBF John Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Hello,

Please check out this page: Minecraft for PlayStation® FAQ – Home

It states:

Linking a Microsoft account to a Playstation® account

WARNING Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account. 

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

What happens when I unlink my Microsoft account?

IMPORTANT Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation™ Network account, it cannot be unlinked without loss of access to entitlements and Minecoins on other platforms. 

According to this thread you can unlink the accounts: Minecraft PS4: Unlinking Microsoft Account - Microsoft Community

However, even if you unlink it, according to Mojang you can only Re-link it to the original account, you cannot link a different PlayStation account to the Microsoft account.

Thank you,

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this crawford29c

When you receive that message, it means you're using the incorrect Microsoft account, in that case as you don't remember exactly the used Microsoft account you need to start the recovery process filling the form below:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Due to unlink a PSN account from a Microsoft account is not possible.

Is stated in the link below:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...

"WARNING Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation:registered: account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation:tm: Network account can be associated with a different account. 

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation:registered: accounts can only be re-linked to the original account."

In this case you may need to use a different PSN account and link it to a new Microsoft account :c

If you think it's an error you can try contacting Mojang support to see if they can assist you further on this one.

From Microsoft side is not possible to do anything
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

PlayStation Minecraft Cannot link to Microsoft Account

Unfortunately, you cannot see which PSN account is using the Microsoft account!

The only thing you can try is to check with PSN if there is any possibility to figure out what PSN account is using the Microsoft account,
Thema:

1. Fix for "Cannot link Microsoft Account to Playstation Account in Minecraft" - Similar Threads - Fix Cannot link

2. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  3. How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...: Recently my friend gave me their Xbox One S, because they said the console stopped working and the display didn't output anything. They thought I might be able to fix it so they offered it to me...
  4. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  5. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  6. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  7. I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR: I downloaded the city skylines. I launched and it said that it needs update. The update was 1,3GB and when the 1,3GB has downloaded, it gave me the 0x80070005 error. What should i do to fix it? I...
  8. I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?: I’m trying to log into Fortnite on my pc and after I put it my sign in I keep getting a message asking “put in the email you used to create the account”. I’ve tried every email possible and it...
  9. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?: Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your disc Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try...
  10. How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix popup "You cannot Unable to launch Multiplayer Session because of how your...: I was playing Fallout 76 a couple hours ago fine on my Xbox one, but now when I try to play it I get this popup. If I press ok it has me put in my password, and then a popup asking me if I want to...