First party software available for remapping Xbox controller buttons to Windows functions?

Discus and support First party software available for remapping Xbox controller buttons to Windows functions? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been considering getting an Xbox controller for a while now since Windows is very stubborn with my DS5's BT connection. I believe switching to an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christian.amm, Nov 27, 2022.

1. First party software available for remapping Xbox controller buttons to Windows functions?

Been considering getting an Xbox controller for a while now since Windows is very stubborn with my DS5's BT connection. I believe switching to an Xbox controller for windows would solve my wireless connection issues, and I'm willing to get used to the 'more natural' left thumb stick position, but then I realized I lose a lot of actual controller functionality within Windows. With DS4Windows, I was able to bind macros for Alt-Tab or have quick switch profiles that allow me to navigate WIndows with just my DS4 and DS5 controller.

For the life of me I can't find any indication online that there is native support for the Xbox to be able to navigate windows. I would imagine this is something so obvious for Microsoft to do, but it just isn't there or at least not very easy for someone to find.

:)

Christian.amm, Nov 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

First party software available for remapping Xbox controller buttons to Windows functions?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Christian

There is no official way to re-map the button for an Xbox controller (unless you purchase the elite series, this controller can be re-mapped using the accessories app available on PC)

And when you say, navigate Windows, do you mean using the controller as a mouse and control the cursor with the stick?
    Or what do you mean exactly?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You should remember that DS4 is not official software either

Sony does not support their controllers on Windows

No, there is no first party software to let you remap the controller that way not tied to accessibility controllers. The adaptive controller does not allow you to assign Windows functions and I doubt the Elite Controller does either

People who can't use a keyboard or mouse typically have other assistive devices
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Christian, unfortunately nope :c
    There is no official-native way to use your controller as a mouse and similar
    There is a third party app, in case you want to give that a try:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-xbox-one...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Christian.amm Win User

Yes, being able to have a profile to freely use the thumb stick as a mouse navigator and rebinding buttons to be select and not just the limiting way Microsoft currently allows you to do with the controller.

Just a sample of my use of DS4 windows for my DS5; I have the touchpad button as my Alt-Tab to be able to switch between windows while in game. I also have a macro to be able to switch profile, which isn't uncommon, but that profile could be a pure productivity one. I'd be able to left click with A (cross), right click with B (circle), have Y (triangle) as my Esc, and have X (square) as my Windows button. Then I can map my triggers to be LT (L2) as Alt and RT (R2) as Tab, and unlike the macro, I can browse between multiple apps this way. I also have my bumpers as Left and Right click if I find at times it's easier to browse that way.

I haven't really found any app I'd be able to do this level of customization with on the Xbox controller, and afaik DS4windows can't detect the Xbox controller, which is fine cause I was looking more into having a profile saved within Windows and not with a secondary app.
  6. CDWilliams05 Win User

Xbox One Eliete Controller button remapping question

I would think you could clone a button function, but not make a "dead" button. Just my experience with other PC controller remap software
Thema:

1. First party software available for remapping Xbox controller buttons to Windows functions? - Similar Threads - party software available

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. how to fix xbox party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear...
  7. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  8. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  9. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  10. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...