Finding my parent account as a chid account

Discus and support Finding my parent account as a chid account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on a child account trying to disable parental controls but neither I nor my parents can remember what email we used for my parent account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthew_Tan_TheMan, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Finding my parent account as a chid account

Hi, I'm on a child account trying to disable parental controls but neither I nor my parents can remember what email we used for my parent account. every time I log into my Xbox account on the website it always brings me to this support thing titled "Why can't I change my privacy settings?" I tried looking on the Xbox app that was included with windows but there was nothing that could help me there. This is a Windows 11 laptop just to get that out there. So in summary I don't know my parent account email because I forgot and I'm on a child account anyone please help me.

:)

Matthew_Tan_TheMan, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family for you to check the organizer account linked to your account.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Promote a chid account to an adult account

Hi there,

When the account was created did was the correct birthdate entered so it would put you account at age of Majority (for example - 18 in the U.S) for your region?

Also is the account in a family? If so check to see if it's noted as a child in the family or not. If it is noted as a child in the family try removing it from the family, and then re-joining.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Promote a chid account to an adult account

you can only promote it when you and your account turns 18

And no changing the birthrate after the fact doesn't change it.

It would.be removwr.the parental.account from your child.account which you can only do.when the account is 18. Any attempt.to.do.it.sooner willpower Ly result.in it.asking for.another parental account
  5. SilverIbexx Win User

This feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental control settings

So i would have to sign in on my parents account and make an xbox live account on it to remove my parental controls? We already looked around on her Microsoft account and couldnt find anything
  6. firesoccer849 Win User

connecting to xbox live

I am also having this same issue. To my knowledge there is no parent account associated with my Live account. I've never seen anything about it before the Fall Update. How do I find out what the parent account is?
Thema:

1. Finding my parent account as a chid account - Similar Threads - Finding parent account

2. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  3. How to find controlling parent on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find controlling parent on my account?: Hi, I have a chid account and I can't sent friend requests and play multiplayer. The problem is that it is asking for parent permission but I don't know who is signed in as my parent and nor does...
  4. how do i find my parental control pin code

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i find my parental control pin code: Hello How do i find or reset the parental control pin code 72ac4906-3edf-4ad8-8467-c3789bd2cf74
  5. How to find parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find parent account: 2 days ago, the time had come to migrate my Minecraft account. When I did so I used an account which was "underaged". Now you can only allow such an account to play multiplayer by having a parent...
  6. How to find out a parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find out a parent account: I've never had a parent account and yet it keeps saying my "parent account" has it's settings set up so I can't do anything. It seems like there's nothing I can do from my account....
  7. How do you find out what your parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you find out what your parent account: i set my account wrong and i forgot my parents mail address 87d1a8c3-3600-4cc3-8a1a-f29067a89bc5
  8. Can't find my parent account for xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't find my parent account for xbox live: Hi i can't find the parent account for my account meaning almost everything is locked out on my game. 51b79d83-20ce-4752-8ce6-36e3246ae229
  9. How can I find out what parent account (Family) I am signed into?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find out what parent account (Family) I am signed into?: I am trying to add an already existing child account to my already existing parent account (into my family), but when I try to add the child account it says that he is already in another family....
  10. How do I find the parent account associated with my parent account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find the parent account associated with my parent account?: I have to agree to the new terms of use, so I did. Since I have a child account I had to have my parent account sign in and accept it as well. The problem was is that it said that the account I...