Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games

Discus and support Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; You can buy your DRM locked down game on the Marketplace, I'll personally stick with hardcopies that MS doesnt control. Are u so lazy you can't change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thawkprime21, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest

You can buy your DRM locked down game on the Marketplace, I'll personally stick with hardcopies that MS doesnt control. Are u so lazy you can't change a disc?!

Stick your money where your mouth is and just buy from the LIVE marketplace.

Thanatos465, Jan 7, 2014
  2. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Like I said. I would love to but for one simple fact. Come and live in Australia and see how long it takes you to download a game. Haha.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="thawkprime21"]

Would anyone else be in favor or think that xbox one will come out with a way for you to be able to play many of your disc based games without the disc.

[/quote]

No not really that fussed.

Prefer disc based games. Maybe I'm just old school.

Azrael008uk, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest

[quote user="DuFFuL"]

Like I said. I would love to but for one simple fact. Come and live in Australia and see how long it takes you to download a game. Haha.

[/quote]Ok so now you proved your own idea wouldnt work for you.......I'm calling troll 10/10 jimmies rustled here

Thanatos465, Jan 7, 2014
  5. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Haha. Troll am I. Haha best joke I've heard all year!!!!

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I never said it should happen. It was an idea. And if you want to call me troll why not look through some of my threads. I'm the biggest unapologetic defender of Microsoft and xbox on here. Even they said they were thinking of bringing out the console without
    a disc drive but it's not possible because of world wide internet speeds. Like I said, an idea. I'm smart enough to know it's not possible!

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  7. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    Actually MS original plan did allow you to trade in disk games, you had to take them to pre-approved vendors who would strip the DRM from your account after trading them in. If people would have actually listen to MS instead of throwing tantrums we would
    have had the best of both worlds. Beyond that MS has also been looking into making a market for trading digital games.

StrangerJim, Jan 7, 2014
  8. Randver
    Randver Guest

[quote user="StrangerJim"]

Actually MS original plan did allow you to trade in disk games, you had to take them to pre-approved vendors who would strip the DRM from your account after trading them in. If people would have actually listen to MS instead of throwing tantrums we would
    have had the best of both worlds. Beyond that MS has also been looking into making a market for trading digital games.

[/quote]

You're absolutely correct. Microsoft had a "plan" to trade in disk and trading digital games...problem was they didn't have the approval of the developers or publishers.

Read the last two paragraphs of this
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

They were asked who was on board with their plan and that's when the PR nightmare started for them which led to the 180. Good thing lots of us didn't just "listen" to MS and actually understood the reality of what they were promising.

Randver, Jan 7, 2014
  9. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Randver"]You're absolutely correct. Microsoft had a "plan" to trade in disk and trading digital games...problem was they didn't have the approval of the developers or publishers.[/quote]They had the approval of both. Sony was also onboard. All
    that changed after the Xbox One reveal.

IceStorm III, Jan 7, 2014
  10. Randver
    Randver Guest
    [quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user=""]You're absolutely correct. Microsoft had a "plan" to trade in disk and trading digital games...problem was they didn't have the approval of the developers or publishers.[/quote]They had the approval of both. Sony was also onboard. All
    that changed after the Xbox One reveal.

[/quote]

Links? Which developers and publishers were on board?

Randver, Jan 7, 2014
  11. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="Randver"]Links?[/quote]Polygon.
    If they were on stage at
    E3 with MS, they were onboard.

Not really a stretch. This is how Steam does it.

IceStorm III, Jan 7, 2014
  12. Randver
    Randver Guest
    [quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user=""]Links?[/quote]Polygon.
    If they were on stage at
    E3 with MS, they were onboard.

Not really a stretch. This is how Steam does it.

[/quote]

Steam doesn't do it, that's why we knew Microsoft couldn't.

Look at Steam's family share program and that's the best we would have got. We stood to lose much more than we gained.

Randver, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: