Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games

Discus and support Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Would anyone else be in favor or think that xbox one will come out with a way for you to be able to play many of your disc based games without the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thawkprime21, Jan 7, 2014.

1. thawkprime21
    thawkprime21 Guest

Would anyone else be in favor or think that xbox one will come out with a way for you to be able to play many of your disc based games without the disc. If you have an X1 by now you have proble realized that it was desinged to be able to easily switch between
    games and other fuctions but unless you buy all your games as digital you dont have this option an lose the ability to trade them in which is a big part of my gaming. But what if there was an external disc reader attached to the X1 through usb this could also
    contain extra harddrive space to as well. All this reader would have to do is hold 3 to 5 games and do nothing but check to see that you have the disc, thus giving you the rights to play it. The games would be installed completly on the X1 harddrive and would
    allow you to instantly switch between games. All you would have to do is when purchased place the disc in the xbox one and install it. You could then leave it in the X1 untill buy a new game and then transfer it to the add on disc drive. Anyone want to see
    this.

:)

thawkprime21, Jan 7, 2014
  2. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    If you have a game disk, insert it now...

Jayadub is correct you shouldn't be able to play disc based games without inserting the disc at all.

John Dowding, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Can microsoft give refunds?

Contact xbox support, they should be able to handle your problem. Are you able to play disc based games, CDs, DVD movies, etc?

Dr Black Bones, Jan 7, 2014
  4. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

They could do it but it need some sort of DRM. Which is what they originally had in mind until everyone complained. That's why I never had a problem with there original vision.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    This has to be a joke right?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 7, 2014
  6. thawkprime21
    thawkprime21 Guest
    Why does it have to be a joke. Why cant i just want to be able to keep the few games i play all the time in the X1 to not have to worry about always changing the game when a friend comes online and wants to play COD and im playing madden. Why cant it just
    work like old CD players that hold multi discs.

7. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Its a joke because you should have voiced your opinion in June of 2013. Maybe if you had things wouldnt have changed. Thanks for the 1 star by the way

x24hrs2livex, Jan 7, 2014
  8. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

Haha. You tell him mate. Everyone complained about the way it was going to be and now we have to suffer for it. And the funny thing is. I bet most peoples x1s have been online the whole time anyway. So what would have been the difference?

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  9. thawkprime21
    thawkprime21 Guest
    Well in June my opinion was that i'm going to buy an X1 and download all my games because trading them in would not be an option and i was just fine with that. My opinion now is that if i have to option to trade in games why wouldnt i want to do that and
    have the very limited inconvinece of having to change games by swapping discs not a big deal to me really. But what i was asking is why cant they just make an add on reader that would give us the best of both being able to trade in games when we like and play
    them in a more conveinent manner.

10. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Oh so you want to spend more money. I guess it doesn't bother me as I never trade games in. I still have launch title form the 360 that I play and anything I didn't play anymore I give them away to friends, family or I even gave a bunch to the Salvation
    Army store down the road. For the measly $5 to $10 dollars that you get for them I don't see the point. I gave at least 10 360 games to a friend at Christmas because he bought his son a 360 and being a young family there wasn't much money left for games. I
    felt a lot better helping them out than getting the small amount I would have got for them.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  11. thawkprime21
    thawkprime21 Guest
    Strange as it sounds i with you on giving games away as i have done it before. Also before game stop came around i never use to sell my games which i was i still have sega games laying around. as i get off my point of topic now its not the trade money i
    get that i like about used but its the money i save when i buy games that have been out for a while or when i hit up the buy 2 get 1 free used game sale.

12. Its really simple,you get up off ya butt and put a disk into the xbox one and then when finished playing that game,you eject the disk and repeat the process.AND NEXT TIME MICROSOFT HAVE AN AWESOME IDEA,LET THEM MAKE IT REALITY. Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games :)

xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 7, 2014
  13. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

It's a hard thing with the whole disc thing. Without some form of drm it can't work and I think most people would be unwilling to pay the extra money to have a separate disc reader. It's a hard subject. Me personally, if I had better internet I would have
    went all digital so I didn't have to worry bout discs at all.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
    [quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Its a joke because you should have voiced your opinion in June of 2013. Maybe if you had things wouldnt have changed. Thanks for the 1 star by the way

[/quote]

The vast majority of the people who are still complaining about losing the original DRM policy weren't even following the subject back in May/June. People still think the backlash was for the "always online" or 24hr check-in" and that actually had very little
    to do with it.

The PC gaming community/media was actually paying more attention than the console gamers. The issue was with the trading, selling of licenses and the sharing plans. It wasn't that people didn't want those features it was how Microsoft was going to do it. Valve
    (Steam) couldn't do it so when Microsoft was asked "how?" and which developers and publishers are on board there was silence from Microsoft. If you can't tell us how you're going to keep your promises then don't expect us to believe you will.

Randver, Jan 7, 2014
  15. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I just don't think the trading in of games is at all worth it. Why trade in 10 games to get one? Especially when you go to the shop and see pre owned games for $10 dollars or so less than a brand new one. Game shops are ripping people off big time and no
    one cares. It makes me laugh. And actually Microsoft were still working out the details and everyone just had no patience. But I guess we will never know huh?

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games - Similar Threads - Find able play

2. How do i Find my microsoft email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i Find my microsoft email: I have my Microsoft username just don't know my email i cant find any resources regarding this same problem a55c4a53-c5a3-4504-96de-bbb18332905e
  3. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  4. I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't find my shipping label for my in warranty repair - can't speak to a human !: Hi I am trying to get my elite controller repaired I have tried two separate service orders now - fhe shipping label is never delivered to my email or online account. I have checked my junk. Can...
  5. how can I find my Xbox's Mac address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can I find my Xbox's Mac address?: Can I find the mac address for my Xbox without it being active? I have recently purchased a new Xbox, and I need to connect it to the Internet to update the console, here's the conundrum; I live...
  6. where do I find the code for the roblox digital card

in XBoX on Windows
    where do I find the code for the roblox digital card: I used my rewards points to get a Roblox digital card for 100 robux in rewards but I don't know how to redeem it on Roblox and I can't find the code for the card f7ca1fc4-e4c1-4ac8-b1a9-df636508ea41
  7. I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do: I recently got my microsoft account Hacked by a player from a minecraft server i was playing on called hypixel. However, I miraculously managed to get everything back, i changed my password and...
  8. I can't find my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't find my country: So i wanted to make an xbox account but i can't find my country in the regions list can i just use another regions like Germany or Turkey because i can't find my country at all i think it's not...
  9. xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app partial game install on pc.cant find it or delete it: as the question says.need to remove it 226b4b41-8d70-4888-94e3-8a8358256ccf
  10. what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code

in XBoX on Windows
    what to do when i have claimed a digital card but cant find the code: i claimed a roblox gift card and looked away for a few second plus i cant find the code it did take away my points though i have tried most suggestion i have been given but it doesn't work...