Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility

Discus and support Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Greetings. It was actually the DACH Xbox Twitter account redirected me here. It's no secret that I'm pretty disappointed that Xbox not only took this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GrandpasLastHope, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility

Greetings. It was actually the DACH Xbox Twitter account redirected me here. It's no secret that I'm pretty disappointed that Xbox not only took this Xbox One Dashboard into the new generation for the new consoles. Even more disappointing is, the options for accessibility and customization are still barebone. I own a PlayStation 4 and a Switch next to the Series S (sold my Xbox One All Digital when I received the new Xbox), and while the Switch is also pretty barebone when it comes to accessibility, it's still better handled than everything Xbox has to offer. But when it really comes to options, PlayStation is still giving me everything I need.

So what I do not understand, why are there still these annoying Dashboard/Button sounds as the only option available? Or is there a way to turn these Blings and Blongs off? Searching a little through Google, many people are asking for years to receive an option where one can turn those sounds off.

With these sounds, I have another issue, an issue I already had with my Xbox One. There are many sound glitches like static noises or a crackling within these Dashboard/Button sounds. It only got worse with my Series S, these sounds are audible sometimes in games now and when this happens, my complete Xbox audio is getting an audio delay. I actually send my Series S in a few days ago, received it back saying that everything is working as it should.

I really do suspect a faulty Software here. But all these little things are killing my fun with this impressive little machine. Don't know if my feedback will get any result in some time, but who knows.

Thanks for listening.

submitted by /u/GrandpasLastHope
    [link] [comments]

/u/GrandpasLastHope, Mar 2, 2021
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Change the sound on and off of the console

It can't be done, unfortunately. The only options you have when it comes to the start up sounds are to turn them on, turn them off, or only have the sound play if you turn the console on using the power button on the console itself. You can't actually change
    the sound.
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

need help

Hey there XCeL goblin32,

Sounds like the Narrator might have been turned on. To turn it off, just hold the Xbox Button on the controller on the dashboard and press the Menu button. That should disable it for you. :)
  4. Malacath Win User

update

It's removed the tv section from the dashboard for me.

It's also added another option to the console sound settings

It an option to turn on rating collection background sounds. No idea what this is for
  5. Malacath Win User

Static noise in Xbox dashboard when connected to Live

It could be the Ratings Collection sound setting.

Go into the dashboard sound settings

Settings -> System -> Console Settings -> Audio

Look for the 'Ratings Collection Sound' setting and make sure it is turned off.

This setting causes a pulsing static like sound on the dashboard if it is switched on.

I believe this setting has something to do with TV ratings so unless you are one of those few people who's tv habits are recorded for ratings purposes then you should have this option switched off.
  6. T3CHNOR0CKER Win User

If you could add a new feature to Xbox, what would it be and why?

A simple option to turn the system sounds on or off especially the keyboard clicks.

System Sounds
Thema:

Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility

1. Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility - Similar Threads - Finally option turn

2. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  3. When will we finally see a Disney+ Hotstar app for Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    When will we finally see a Disney+ Hotstar app for Xbox?: Any idea when the Disney+ Hotstar app will be added to the Xbox in Malaysia. This is a hugely popular streaming app in Asia and isn't currently available. submitted by /u/MortalW [link] [comments]
  4. “Stick Drift no more!!! Thanks to Xbox insiders FINALLY releasing Calibration App for...

in XboX Insiders
    “Stick Drift no more!!! Thanks to Xbox insiders FINALLY releasing Calibration App for...: Hey guys your prob going to want to read this if you have stick drift issues on your Elite Series 2 controller!!! Especially if you’re an Xbox Insider! I highly recommend reading this if you have...
  5. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  6. Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you still receive bonus multi bucks after purchasing higher paid bundles in The Finals?...: Do you still receive bonus multi-bucks when you buy a higher bundle than the cheapest option? The game I'm referring to is The Finals. I just want to be sure, I was going to buy a larger bundle...
  7. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC) final achievement (KIWAMI 2) not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC) final achievement (KIWAMI 2) not unlocking: Playing the game on Windows 10 PC using a Game Pass subscription and an Xbox app. Got every achievement in the game except the one that says "Obtain all other achievements" which should unlock...
  8. Will an update finally fix the crashes that Xbox series X owners are experiencing ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an update finally fix the crashes that Xbox series X owners are experiencing ?: Is Xbox aware that some (newer) games crash regularly? And it got worse with each update. For the past year I see every day new people (sometimes with brand new consoles) crashing on the same...
  9. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  10. Final Stage of recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Final Stage of recovery: I have posted about this hacking many times, but i have finally received a responce from microsoft about the compromising of my account, they were able to verify i was the owner and i have changed...