Final Fantasy 13 Xbox PC Game Pass stuck on 'Paused' screen

Discus and support Final Fantasy 13 Xbox PC Game Pass stuck on 'Paused' screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. Just downloaded FF13 on PC. Able to boot up fine. Input settings and then press Start Game. No matter the settings, the same thing happens every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gator1254, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Gator1254
    Gator1254 Guest

Hello. Just downloaded FF13 on PC. Able to boot up fine. Input settings and then press Start Game. No matter the settings, the same thing happens every time. It will start up for a second, then the screen will go away. It is minimized showing the game screen on 'Paused'. And CMD box behind it showing that it is running the FF13 exe. Nothing I do starts the game back up. Eventually have to close the program. Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on next steps?

Thanks in advance.....

:)

Gator1254, Sep 3, 2021
  2. Rwsmalley
    Rwsmalley New Member
    I had to sync data through my Xbox account and it automatically unpaused when it finished

Rwsmalley, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Gator1254 Win User

Interesting. I am only running the firewall included with Windows Defender Security. Turned it off completely, but problem still occurred.

Had a new thought. Watched the Digital Foundry video on the backwards compatibility work done for the Xbox One X. Starting to think the console version may be the way to go. Just play it on Series X. Would make things easier. Sacrifice FPS, but maybe that will just have to be good enough?
  4. SammyVS Win User

So I installed the game to see if the same would happen here.

After I clicked to start the game it opened the black screen, asked to log in with my Xbox account and I believe it spent 1 minute in the black screen and opened my antivirus(AVG) window saying that a game file was blocked, I added an exception to the file, I confirmed and started running the initial game opening.
  5. Gator1254 Win User

Hello. Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I opened it in both windowed and full screen modes. Have tried a few different resolution settings as well. Pressing ALT-E doesn't seem to do anything. Below are both windowed screen as well as the exe running in the background. It appears to pop up as soon as the game goes into Pause mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. SammyVS Win User

It's the kind of game I prefer to play on my couch with an controller xD
    But when this paused screen comes up I noticed that you have to log in to your Xbox account again to continue the game. Does this happen to you?
  7. Yvansantillan Win User

I have a similar issue with this game. Xbox identity provider shows up twice on every launch of the game, first with the launcher, and again with the actual game. This would not be a problem if it only happened on the first launch but every single launch is annoying, and greatly extends the loadtimes. If we could launch straight into the game, that would be great, or only require sign in on the actual game and not the launcher. I'm not sure how you would implement switching the account, but that is not what is the problem here.
    I have another issue with the game, but I can leave that for a separate post.
Thema:

1. Final Fantasy 13 Xbox PC Game Pass stuck on 'Paused' screen - Similar Threads - Final Fantasy Game

2. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  3. When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?

in XboX Insiders
    When can we finally exclude games from Quick Resume?: Games like Fortnite, Apex Legends etc. often just cease to function when started from Quick Resume. Why can't I blacklist these games from using the feature? Cases where Quick Resume literally...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  5. When will we finally see a Disney+ Hotstar app for Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    When will we finally see a Disney+ Hotstar app for Xbox?: Any idea when the Disney+ Hotstar app will be added to the Xbox in Malaysia. This is a hugely popular streaming app in Asia and isn't currently available. submitted by /u/MortalW [link] [comments]
  6. “Stick Drift no more!!! Thanks to Xbox insiders FINALLY releasing Calibration App for...

in XboX Insiders
    “Stick Drift no more!!! Thanks to Xbox insiders FINALLY releasing Calibration App for...: Hey guys your prob going to want to read this if you have stick drift issues on your Elite Series 2 controller!!! Especially if you’re an Xbox Insider! I highly recommend reading this if you have...
  7. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  8. Final Fantasy XIII-2 Keeps Corrupting Data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 Keeps Corrupting Data.: I bought FFXIII-2 in the Microsoft store on my pc since the Steam version Sucked and this one runs like butter BUT the game randomly will crash or when i go to title screen will corrupt all my...
  9. i have a problem with final fantasy xiii-2 when playing this pops up and shuts down the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a problem with final fantasy xiii-2 when playing this pops up and shuts down the...: I get this message I Dont know what to do please help happend for the tenth time now please help [img] [img] update when i do a full scan with windows defender after the game the windows...
  10. Why why why final fantasy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why why why final fantasy: So we got crisis core we didn't get final fantasy 16 but I think xbox deserves and should get ff7 remake so any news on if this is a thing and if we will get it eventually...