File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512)

Discus and support File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep on getting File System Error (-2015294512) every time I try to launch any game from the Xbox app that I have downloaded from XGP. I am on PC. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Deniable, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Deniable
    Deniable Guest

I keep on getting File System Error (-2015294512) every time I try to launch any game from the Xbox app that I have downloaded from XGP. I am on PC.

I have tried multiple online solutions such as:
    - Reinstalling Windows Store

- Upgrading Windows 10 (In-place upgrade)

- Signing in and out in multiple ways (both Xbox App and Microsoft Store)

- Reinstalling the games themselves

- Several Powershell commands

Yet none of these have helped. So I really hope I manage to get a few replies with additional solutions that hopefully can fix the problem because there are quite a few games I'd love to play on XGP.

I have attached a few images to this post, not sure if both errors have the same root cause or they differ.

File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512) [​IMG]

File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512) [​IMG]

:)

Deniable, Aug 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Deniable

Do you have the games installed to C: drive or do you have the games installed on a different partition?

If it's the second, could you try installing one game instead to C: drive?

In those powershell commands, did you tried resetting the Microsoft Store and reinstalling gaming services?

a. Reinstall Microsoft Store:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

b. Reinstall Gaming services:

Right-click the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart your device.

Start the Xbox application. You should see a blue banner with the following message: "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services and give it a new try

(Don't worry if the first command works but not the others two)

------

If you already did the previous, may I know if you tried creating a new local administrator user in your PC and run a game from there?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

Let me know, I'll be waiting for your reply

Greetings
  3. Deniable Win User

Ok well I installed a game I had on my other account (it seemed to install immediately as it found the files of the game) and it launches fine. But now whenever I try to install a new game I get a different error: 0x87e00196
  4. Deniable Win User

Do I really need to reinstall the games? (when creating the new account)
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, this is due to is not possible to share Microsoft store apps right now between users.

Try installing a not too heavy game, for testing purposes
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Just to clarify, that error appears when you try installing the new game on the C: drive or any drive?

And, do you have any third party antivirus installed?
    If that's the case please try disabling all protections temporarily and install a game one more time.

If not, please try this:

Sammy response:
    "On your hard drive, you will have a folder called ''WindowsApps'' enter, enter the folder ''MSIXVC'' delete all files inside it. Restart your PC and try again."

In case you need to take ownership:

Press Windows + E and go to the drive where game is installed.

Enter to XboxGames folder (or the WindowsApp) and right click on it and select properties > Go to the Security tab and select Advanced:

Click on Continue in the Permissions tab > Select Change > Click Advanced in the Select User or Group window, then Find now:

Select your user account and click on Ok > Click on Ok and Apply on every window and close them.

Original thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
Thema:

1. File System Error upon any game launch from XGP (-2015294512) - Similar Threads - File System Error

2. game helper file system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game helper file system error (-2015294512): While installing minecraft, it wont launch because of this, any manual way of downlaoding it? 5ae8f7b1-a863-4ea8-ae4e-28193aa5e17f
  3. Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941): The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive never used one. I am logged into the same...
  4. Can't launch application. File system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch application. File system error (-2015294512): Im having issues trying to lauch minecraft launcher. Iv looked through google with no sucess. I get an error with C:\Programs Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.42971...\GameLaunchHelper.exe File...
  5. forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...: every time i open it just says that error code ec5500f7-f175-447d-b5dc-2bf85e33d953
  6. How to fix File System Error (-1069587194)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix File System Error (-1069587194)?: Randomly, or at least I believe it to be, my Chivalry 2 game stopped working. This is my only gamepass game that doesn't work. I don't know if I did anything to cause this but it is very...
  7. File System Error (-2015294512) preventing me from launching any game on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File System Error (-2015294512) preventing me from launching any game on Game Pass: Hello, I cannot launch any games on game pass other than the built in microsoft solitaire collection, every time I attempt to launch games from Game Pass, Xbox console Companion, or from the...
  8. file system error (-2147416386)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    file system error (-2147416386): Preloaded on PC Railways Empires 2. Started playing yesterday at release, no issue. When I tried to play again got a file system error (-2147416386) and haven't been able to do anything about it...
  9. I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512): Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this! I am running into an issue with the xbox app/game pass for PC, whenever I attempt to launch a game I am greeted with the error message:...
  10. Need help resolving File System Error 2015294512 when trying to run a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help resolving File System Error 2015294512 when trying to run a game: For no apparent reason I am receiving file system error code 2015294512 when trying to launch any game via the XBOX App on PC Windows 10. Have trying uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services...