File system error (-2015294512) - unable to launch games

Discus and support File system error (-2015294512) - unable to launch games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting this error when trying to launch a newly installed game. Have tried the troubleshooting solution given by removing and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Celyanae, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Celyanae
    Celyanae Guest

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to launch a newly installed game. Have tried the troubleshooting solution given by removing and reinstalling Gaming services, uninstalled + reinstalled the games etc but nothing has worked so far.

File system error (-2015294512) - unable to launch games [​IMG]

I am also not able to launch the games directly, I receive the same error.

Are there any solutions I have missed?

Many thanks

:)

Celyanae, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Hydramoon Win User

How do I fix error code 0x80070005 and error code 0x803F8001

im getting an error when i tryt to boot up my game called "File system error (-2015294512)
  3. MateusFontana Win User

File System error -2015294512 when launching games

If the above procedure didn't solve the problem, I'm afraid it's something more serious and you'd need to do a clean reinstallation of your system without keeping any applications or settings, so I suggest you backup your personal files.

Normally the tool above would solve the problem, since it didn't work, only a clean reinstallation of windows can solve the problem.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Before we try any different solutions, make sure your windows is up to date to the latest version by following the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

- If there are no updates to be made, or if the problem persists while updating the site, please proceed with the solutions listed in the article below. These are not official Microsoft solutions, but they can help you resolve the error.

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-code-0x87e...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

No Games are able to launch File System Error (-2015294512)

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey GreatKitten7542, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Before we do anything else, please, as a test, try to reinstall any of those games you're having that issue with. If it doesn't work, try those:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  6. LillithSmith Win User

Unfortunately I have already tried those options and they did not resolve my issue.
Thema:

1. File system error (-2015294512) - unable to launch games - Similar Threads - File system error

2. game helper file system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game helper file system error (-2015294512): While installing minecraft, it wont launch because of this, any manual way of downlaoding it? 5ae8f7b1-a863-4ea8-ae4e-28193aa5e17f
  3. Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft installer crashes when opened reading "File system Error (-1069586941): The Minecraft launcher had been running fine until one day it started to throw this error. It seems to be associated with the gamepass even though ive never used one. I am logged into the same...
  4. Can't launch application. File system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch application. File system error (-2015294512): Im having issues trying to lauch minecraft launcher. Iv looked through google with no sucess. I get an error with C:\Programs Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.42971...\GameLaunchHelper.exe File...
  5. forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...: every time i open it just says that error code ec5500f7-f175-447d-b5dc-2bf85e33d953
  6. How to fix File System Error (-1069587194)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix File System Error (-1069587194)?: Randomly, or at least I believe it to be, my Chivalry 2 game stopped working. This is my only gamepass game that doesn't work. I don't know if I did anything to cause this but it is very...
  7. File System Error (-2015294512) preventing me from launching any game on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File System Error (-2015294512) preventing me from launching any game on Game Pass: Hello, I cannot launch any games on game pass other than the built in microsoft solitaire collection, every time I attempt to launch games from Game Pass, Xbox console Companion, or from the...
  8. file system error (-2147416386)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    file system error (-2147416386): Preloaded on PC Railways Empires 2. Started playing yesterday at release, no issue. When I tried to play again got a file system error (-2147416386) and haven't been able to do anything about it...
  9. I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant launch any game on the Xbox App? File System Error (-2015294512): Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this! I am running into an issue with the xbox app/game pass for PC, whenever I attempt to launch a game I am greeted with the error message:...
  10. Need help resolving File System Error 2015294512 when trying to run a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help resolving File System Error 2015294512 when trying to run a game: For no apparent reason I am receiving file system error code 2015294512 when trying to launch any game via the XBOX App on PC Windows 10. Have trying uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services...