FH5 refuse to launch - only game with that issue

Discus and support FH5 refuse to launch - only game with that issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so basically my game refuses to launch like at all, the 2 first loading screen come up and then nothing, i've checked the task manager and nothing.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FabienDelmas, Dec 2, 2022.

1. FabienDelmas
    FabienDelmas Guest

Hi, so basically my game refuses to launch like at all, the 2 first loading screen come up and then nothing, i've checked the task manager and nothing. .

i have a 1060 6GB from nvidia (drivers are up to date) i have 16gb of ram DDR4 and a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 something 3.2Ghz my specs are not the issue and i know it, it worked perfectly fine in the past.

Since the DLC (hotwheel) came out i started having issues with the game, at first i wasn't able to play the dlc at all but now its the entire game.

To be honest i'm fed up. i've tried everything people recommend online, i rebooted my pc so many time and reinstalled this game so many time as well. is it possible to ask for a refund? im really tired of this. if its impossible for me to play this game anymore i'd like my money back. i didnt pay the most expensive version of this game just not to be able to play it even tho my pc is able to run it perfectly fine.

this is the only game i'm struggling with and like i said if i cannot play it then i want my money back...

:)

FabienDelmas, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Fabien, I can suggest you two more things. But they’re completely optional.
    In any case please report the problem to the Forza team as advised previously

1. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)

If you’re on Windows 11
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Windows 10

2. perform a custom installation for windows
    <you can recover your personal files later>

3. FabienDelmas Win User

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply. but i did try everything. like i said it is the only game that does that. every other flipping games work perfectly fine. i spent a hundred euros for this game, it obviously worked nice in the beginning so i did not have to even think about refunds, but since hot-wheels ... **** went down hard. again, at first it was only the dlc that refused to work, i was disappointed but in the end i was like well its ok i don't like hot-wheels anyways but then other problems started to appear out of nowhere.

the SFC check didnt find anything problematic (it was the only thing i didnt tried yet)

i don't want a full refund. i just want to downgrade my version of the game just in case one day i can actually play it again. if my in game data and online profile get retested or even deleted i don't give a flying flip about it since i cannot play anyway... i'm tired, i tried contacting the customer service on twitter of both microsoft and xbox but nothing...
  4. FabienDelmas Win User

I bought the game and the premium version in 2021, never been able to play hotwheels btw and since that update only problems, tldr i cannot go through the "normal" way to ask a refund.

ive tried that solution as well, when i say ive tried everything trust me all of the most basic thing like installing an other version were the first things i tested. every software, games etc works perfectly fine even FH4 and 3. even if its comes from my pc there is no way i put an other grand on a new pc just to play forza horizon 5.

i don't even want a full on 99euro refund, i just want a downgrade from premium to standard and get a refund which is equivalent to the difference between the 2 version.

anyway, thanks for trying. im trying to talk with the xbox support on twitter to see what can be done since there is no numbers or other way to contact them -_-
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Fabien
    If you purchased the add-ons recently you can request a refund for them filling the form below:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

In case your refund gets denied, you can actually file an appeal for the results of the refund.

All you need to do is to reply to the email that was sent to you by the refund team, you can reply with a detailed explanation so they can review your request again and grant you a possible exception.

Another option is install only the standard edition, report the problem to the Forza team and once fixed install the add-ons again
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this FABIENDELMAS

Sorry to hear that, I can suggest you some things to cover everything from your side.
    But if the issue persist the best option is report this problem to the Forza Horizon team
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...

——————

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

E. Just to confirm, did you already tried everything from this article?
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...
Thema:

1. FH5 refuse to launch - only game with that issue - Similar Threads - FH5 refuse launch

2. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  3. FH5 kicks me out on loading screen. Can’t play at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH5 kicks me out on loading screen. Can’t play at all.: So, I try and play Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S I just got. First time I’ve attempted to play in a while, and my game will show the screen saying “press A to start.” Once I do that, it...
  4. I cant play fh5 but i have game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play fh5 but i have game pass core: I have game pasa core and i have for a while i have the 12 months card but i havent been able to llay forza horizon 5 and i want to know how to fix it 298b6661-b4f1-4131-bb60-d1deae8ebca9
  5. FH5 add on's are installed but are not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH5 add on's are installed but are not working: I just upgraded our xbox one's to xbox series s consoles and after having to re-install several games we noticed that in FH5 the Rally and Hot Wheels add on's are not working. I went to manage add...
  6. FH5 has been unplayable the last month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH5 has been unplayable the last month: I haven’t been able to play FH5 for the past month because the game keeps crashing. First it was the problem where the sound starts stuttering and then the game crashes. This mostly occurred right...
  7. hey idont like FH5 updating also can you stop updating the game give me sesto fe and lamb svj

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hey idont like FH5 updating also can you stop updating the game give me sesto fe and lamb svj: i need fh5 to stop updating 10e8d216-c752-4e25-8bc8-851c7910d249
  8. If i have Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass for Xbox App on PC and then i play FH5 on Steam with my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i have Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass for Xbox App on PC and then i play FH5 on Steam with my...: I have FH5 Car Pass bought on Xbox App on my account but i recently purchased FH5 on Steam. I know the progress of the game is not shared between Xbox App and Steam and i needed to start from 0...
  9. Can I transfer my FH5 data from laptop to xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer my FH5 data from laptop to xbox?: So I play Forza Horizon 5 on my laptop and I am running out of space. Is it possible to transfer all my cars, achievements, etc from my laptop to my xbox one? 991c29af-c88b-4664-bdfb-d17f1505194e
  10. How to get FH5 working again since refusing to launch after Series 26 dl!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get FH5 working again since refusing to launch after Series 26 dl!?: Okay, so on the 10th i've just finished successfully downloading the series 26 update (aka Dia De Muertos) of FH5 on my Xbox One S and when i've tried booting up the game, not for nothing would it...