Few things wrong with the recent controller updates

Discus and support Few things wrong with the recent controller updates in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; First of all, the header note: This is not duplicated post or shares any contents. Please consider the contents before removing the post like my other... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/chris92vn, Sep 16, 2021.

1. /u/chris92vn
    /u/chris92vn Guest

First of all, the header note: This is not duplicated post or shares any contents. Please consider the contents before removing the post like my other post( The other post was removed because "related to other later post of non-insider on Xbox app via bluetooth support"?)

Now, the details:

1. There is a short-latency to audio using headphones connected to the controller(longer latency comparing to prior the update, I had restored to General available ring to test this out, firmware can be reverted in this official OS version).
    2. There is distorted audio in-game while using spatial audio ( Forza, Assassin Creeds, Dragon Quest )
    3. The battery life seems to be shorten a little bit ( check on Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, the Xbox One S variant is using a b@d@ rechargeable AA battery so I cannot test on this controller)
    4. After firmware update, Xbox Accessories on Xbox console can detect the controller wirelessly and wired; however, the same app on PC Windows 11 cannot detect the controller wirelessly and wired, it can detect the controller via Bluetooth connection though.
    5. Name of Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is wrong on Bluetooth(now it says Xbox Wireless Controller)
    6. Switching to Bluetooth can be problematic sometimes on Windows 10-11. It says connected with reported battery life but it won't register any input. However, that is a bug for Windows Bluetooth LE. The connection is bugged and even if turn off the controller, Windows still reports battery life and connection(ghost information). Turn on the controller won't connect. Only turn off the Windows Bluetooth, or the Bluetooth will die, restart Windows, the controller will connect fine for several times until bugged again. This doesn't happen on original firmware, but can happen on other Bluetooth LE devices(phones, headphones)
    submitted by /u/chris92vn
    [link] [comments]

/u/chris92vn, Sep 16, 2021
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

Controllers

In terms of new controllers needing an update, this could be because when the particular controller may have been manufactured before the most recent controller update, and therefore requires an update before it can be used.

(Just my theory, I could be wrong)
  3. ghost ECHO sevn Win User

Whoah, I Think Somethings Wrong

I havent played the campaign in awhile, but there are definitely some things wrong with multiplayer since the most recent update.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox on permanent mute

Follow this link and Update your controller firmware .

If it reports no update required, run it anyway, it only takes a few seconds.

There have been a few update releases recently.

The USB method is my preference.
  5. TheRealHeppy Win User

Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console?

Hey, really sorry to hear your experiencing this issue. I recently had the same issue and had to buy a new one to fix it.

But there are a few things to check. You can try and check for updates( sometimes this causes connections issues) and try re calibrating the controller.

I hope this helps.
  6. Reactor Leak SF Win User

controller glich

In addition to telling us what is wrong with the controller, I have two follow up questions

1) How long has the issue been going on

2) Have you done any controller updates recently/prior to the problem?
Thema:

1. Few things wrong with the recent controller updates - Similar Threads - Few things wrong

2. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  3. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  4. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  5. A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...: A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1 controller as 2 controllers. How do I fix this? d5b694d1-d253-4428-a42f-c9ca39459e9f
  6. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  7. If I’ve started a repair order a few days before my warranty ends will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I’ve started a repair order a few days before my warranty ends will I still be able to...: I have only recently made a repair request for my elite controller series 2 and I have yet to send it off even though the warranty for it ends on the 10th of Feb 2024, will I still be able to get...
  8. taking a few loads to make a little bit of money.

in XboX Insiders
    taking a few loads to make a little bit of money.: putting miles on my truck submitted by /u/Right-Word2538 [link] [comments]
  9. I ordered a few things from you. When I looked at my checking account I discovered that you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ordered a few things from you. When I looked at my checking account I discovered that you...: I was charged twice for 3 things I ordered. Is there any way to get that money back? ab98ba19-897a-4979-87fe-4c21268d464a
  10. Xbox app "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC"

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC": My xbox app loads to the above stated message at the bottom of my screen (picture wont upload for some reason). I cannot click anything to view the xbox app settings. I am on windows 11 it is a...