Discus and support Feedback: Riot App and Game Pass (auto launch) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The Riot App auto launches and relaunches (if closed) when XBOX app is open. Why does this not work like other third-party launchers? Would be great... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jascha34, Jan 15, 2023.

1. /u/Jascha34
    /u/Jascha34 Guest

The Riot App auto launches and relaunches (if closed) when XBOX app is open. Why does this not work like other third-party launchers?

Would be great if all third party applications only open when I choose to do so. I understand that Riots anti cheat must be open upon system start, but the launcher should be excluded from this behavior.

Cheers

submitted by /u/Jascha34
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jascha34, Jan 15, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Xbox app triggers riot client

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox app. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

I understand you're having trouble that whenever you launch your Xbox app, it also launches the Riot client.

In regards to your question as to why the Riot client keeps on launching after you open the Xbox app, I would highly recommend you report this issue on Xbox "report a problem app" to make sure this will be properly investigated by the Xbox team and make an action to this error:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-report-a...

As for the resolution, Gamer Seirata posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"Go into your Riot client folder

right-click the RiotClientServices.exe and go into properties -> Security

Click on Advanced on the bottom

Now disable inheritance at the bottom and delete all permissions except for the User(<name>\User) principal

Edit1: as per pupp3h' suggestion, you could also just delete 'ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES' and leave the rest

Edit2: as per Nikx_One' feedback: it seems win11 deletes all permissions anyway when you disable inheritence, so you need to recreate <name>\User principal

Apply and close

Now you can still start the client yourself, but it does not start automatically when starting gamepass.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how updates for the RiotClient work with this but if there are ever any problems, just go back into the advanced permission and click on enable inheritance and everything is back to default."

Another gamer MrOOBZ also provided a resolution in the thread:

"I found a solution that worked for me. It involved three steps, some found on a couple of forums; one being here...

Step1: Unlink your Riot Account from your Xbox profile -

You can unlink your account by visiting Account Management and clicking the minus icon to the right of your connected Xbox profile.

If you have an active Game Pass membership and want to disconnect your Xbox profile from your Riot Account, you’ll immediately lose access to all Game Pass member benefits. A link between a Riot Account and Xbox profile with an active Game Pass membership is required to maintain access to Game Pass member benefits. Details here: How can I unlink my Riot Account from my Xbox profile? Know more here: Riot Games and Xbox Game Pass Benefits | Riot Games | Riot Games

Step 2: Exit both Xbox applications in the system tray (first) and then the Riot app in the system tray (second} if these applications are open.

Step 3: (from jasonhanna on page 2 of this thread):

Delete the Riot folder containing the Riot client.exe. just right-click the start menu and click search Type Riot choose system. that should show the installation path, mine was (C:/program files/Riot games.) Delete the whole folder.

then go to (IMPORTANT) (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Riot Games) and delete the shortcut "Riot .exe "and folder."

Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps above. Please take your time and let me know if it works.

You can check out these links as references:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Why xbox app run always riot luncher, even I dont play riot games ?

not sure why everyone is using valorant through the xbox app, it is freely available via their own website with the standalone launcher which you launch when you start the game. why have xbox app and riot launcher open and running to play a free game.
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Cant connect to Riot games

5. Muhamed Abdalla1 Win User

Xbox pc issue

I'm using the PC.
    And I tried to make the services you mentioned auto and still not working.

I'm on win 11 and the issue happens only with the game that launch throw xbox game pass app. So, if you are launching e.g., rainbow six from ubisoft through xbox game pass. it works well.

I tried to uninstall xbox delete the credential and reinstall it and reinstall the gaming services but it doesn't work.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Why does my game crash after 30 seconds?

Hello Cody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your report. We understand that you would like to keep using Xbox Game Pass app however, you are unable to launch games as it would crash after 30 seconds. If this is working for you previously, please try to perform these steps:

1. Update your Android phone. Restart phone and see if issue persists.
    2. Check if there is a new update of the Xbox Game Pass app. If none, install Xbox Game Pass beta app and see if issue persists.
    3. Lastly, send a report to Team Xbox by opening the Xbox Game Pass app and shaking the phone to send feedback or look for feedback option.

Reporting this issue will help our Team Xbox fix the current game launch issue.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Feedback: Riot App and Game Pass (auto launch) - Similar Threads - Feedback Riot App

2. Listen to your feedback …………………..

in XboX Insiders
    Listen to your feedback …………………..: Put back ‘Friends in games’ ya fuckin idiots submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  3. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  4. Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?

in XboX Insiders
    Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?: Swear this is the 3rd pizza-related question in a row now. submitted by /u/Rookie385 [link] [comments]
  5. Issue with feedback messages on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with feedback messages on console: Hi everyone, for a few days now I've been receiving messages on the console regarding leaving feedback regarding the service due to a problem I've had. the problem is that I have already received...
  6. Feedback for february insiders update

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback for february insiders update: The calibration tool has potential but I noticed each time I run the calibration on my xbox it returns different values, as when I play my game it feels diferent, and annoyingly ruins my aim in...
  7. Feedback for February insiders update

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback for February insiders update: The calibration tool has potential but I noticed each time I run the calibration on my xbox it returns different values, as when I play my game it feels diferent, and annoyingly ruins my aim in...
  8. Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where's the Link to Microsoft's Equivalent of Apple's Product Feedback Webform Wherein You...: Hi Microsoft friends, it seems the official Microsoft sub-reddits aren't the venues to post a "design" (it's not a design perse but a suggestion on what to add to the next Xbox controller to make...
  9. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  10. Direct message/email feedback to Xbox team?

in XboX Insiders
    Direct message/email feedback to Xbox team?: Hey guys is there a way to send direct feedback via email or message to the Xbox team? Been playing Xbox since 2001 and have some thoughts. Would be much easier to compose the long message on my...