Fee changing gamertag

Discus and support Fee changing gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why is it a fee for changing gamertag more than once? Children tends to change gamertag, nickname now and then. It's in there nature. The fee is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CottonyMinna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CottonyMinna
    CottonyMinna Guest

Fee changing gamertag

Why is it a fee for changing gamertag more than once?

Children tends to change gamertag, nickname now and then. It's in there nature.

The fee is about 1/6 or 1/7 part of a new game. So if you change gamertag 6-7 times it's the cost of a new game. What is the motivation for that?

:)

CottonyMinna, Jan 7, 2016
  2. What is the justification behind charging to change your gamertag?

Free gamertag change was abuse so much in the past, hence a fee to prevent trolls changing GT every 6 seconds.

JerrminRangwani, Jan 7, 2016
  3. What do you think about the $8 price tag for a gamertag change? (Discussion)

I think its fair. The fee should cover the admin cost in changing your gamertag and serves as a barrier to stop people changing every few days or weeks.

The Viral Cyrix, Jan 7, 2016
  4. DarkrPhi Win User

Fee to change Gamertag

I figured these would be the types of responses I'd get.

The problem is they've changed the constraints you what you can use for a gamertag.

When I used my free change, I couldn't make it what I wanted, after the changes I can now make it how I wanted, but I'd have to pay to do it.

That's my issue more than anything.
    Huh you mean the suffixes ? What did you expect if you want no suffixes come up with a unique name or change the spelljng so it would.be truely unique
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

changing Gamertag fee

Hello Angry, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your gamertag. If you're asking about the recent change you made then it can take up to a week for all changes to fully take effect. You can try deleting then redownloading your gamertag to see any immediate changes.

If you're asking about past gamertag changes I'm afraid no one here would be able to help with that but if it's about a free change that is only time limited when you first create your tag
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Fee to change Gamertag

Not only that but it would be abused like crazy with people creating offensive gamertags.

The fee is perfectly fine in my opinion.
  7. KrS14 Win User

Fee to change Gamertag

I figured these would be the types of responses I'd get.

The problem is they've changed the constraints you what you can use for a gamertag.

When I used my free change, I couldn't make it what I wanted, after the changes I can now make it how I wanted, but I'd have to pay to do it.

That's my issue more than anything.
  8. NaZoooom Win User

Fee to change Gamertag

Not really, it is what it is. I believe anyone choosing a new gamertag should put some serious thought into it before accepting/changing it as it is their unique ID. If it were free, no doubt the system would be inundated constantly with frivolous gamertag
    change requests that could put strain on the service. Thats just my thought on the matter :)
Thema:

Fee changing gamertag

1. Fee changing gamertag - Similar Threads - Fee changing gamertag

2. Can I change my gamertag without $10 fee?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my gamertag without $10 fee?: My account recently got hacked :/ whoever hacked it changed my Xbox username to Femboi (which i hate that username) but in order to change it back i have to pay $10, Is there any way i can have it...
  3. I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have payed the fee to get my gamertag to be changed to BamOnPetrol. have waited hours, it...: Please get someone that can help me change it or find out why it has not been changed b93c3f1e-0cc8-47b1-99fc-ce98eea73719
  4. My xbox downloaded red dead redemption by itself and its saying ISP fees may apply what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox downloaded red dead redemption by itself and its saying ISP fees may apply what...: So my xbox downloaded a random game I never bought and its saying ISP fees may apply what does thsi mean? b8edb43a-8123-4c26-9859-a99b7cab837a
  5. Why was I charged a $15 courtesy pay fee??

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was I charged a $15 courtesy pay fee??: As the title states I was charged a courtesy pay fee of $15 which over drew my account and I'd like to know why 02d69370-ddd2-4cab-8d1c-fa5568ed4c6b
  6. I am still being charged the subscription fee but no subscription is listed??? HELP

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am still being charged the subscription fee but no subscription is listed??? HELP: Hi guys, Hope all is well. I am still being charged 16 AUD bucks a month for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but the subscription is not listed on my Microsoft account so i cannot physically cancel...
  7. I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee....: I never changed my gamertag before, bur when I will change appear I have to pay a fee. Someone can help me? 03f22008-99e8-45cb-aa6a-620d58443eba
  8. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  9. Can't cancel monthly fee of $19.03 for Microsoft*Ultimate 1M

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cancel monthly fee of $19.03 for Microsoft*Ultimate 1M: I am being charged a monthly fee of $19.03 for Microsoft*Ultimate 1M and cannot figure out which account it connected to or how to cancel it. I have 2 kids with 2 accounts but looked under...
  10. Wrongfully, charged fees.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrongfully, charged fees.: Microsoft has been charging me for months for something I never asked for, in fact, I don’t even know what it is. I want this building to stop immediately and I want an investigation drawn as to...