Features are under parental lock despite not being in a Microsoft Family

Discus and support Features are under parental lock despite not being in a Microsoft Family in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can't access any online features in games as it says they are locked by "Xbox Live Parental Settings". If I try to access my privacy settings through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Up-Level, Sep 12, 2020.

  1. Up-Level
    Up-Level Guest

    Features are under parental lock despite not being in a Microsoft Family


    I can't access any online features in games as it says they are locked by "Xbox Live Parental Settings". If I try to access my privacy settings through the Xbox app on my PC it takes me to

    this
    page. I'm 16 living in the UK and I have complete access to all other features with my Microsoft account. I'm not in a Microsoft family and it even gives me the option to create one if I wanted to. Is this intentional as I'm under 18 or is it a bug
    that I can't access my settings?

    :)
     
    Up-Level, Sep 12, 2020
    #1
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

    XBox sign in issue

    Why you're being asked for parental consent

    If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under 18 years old, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

    If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family. Even if you're over the age of 18, you can still be a child in Microsoft family.

    Solution

    If you're under the age of 18, follow the steps on your console to have your parent sign in and add you to a Microsoft family.

    If you're over the age of 18, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select remove.

    If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

    It says i have a child account and i cant sign up for halo insider

    Why you're being asked for parental consent

    If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under 18 years old, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

    If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family. Even if you're over the age of 18, you can still be a child in Microsoft family.

    Solution

    If you're under the age of 18, follow the steps on your console to have your parent sign in and add you to a Microsoft family.

    If you're over the age of 18, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select remove.

    If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  4. NaomiM77 Win User

    Enabling multiplayer in child's account when unable to select their account from Parent account of Family Group

    As my child was also an organiser of the family I had to sign in to their profile and could change their settings on their login. Despite being a child if they’re an organiser it disables parent functions. So anyway I got it working but that’s not the best security feature.

    Thanks perhaps as you say removing the account from the family and re-adding them as a member may fix that too.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

    My gamer pic will not change

    Why you're being asked for parental consent

    If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

    If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

    Solution

    If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

    If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

    If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

    Parental Consent for an Adult

    Why you're being asked for parental consent

    If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

    If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

    Solution

    If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

    If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

    If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
Thema:

Features are under parental lock despite not being in a Microsoft Family

Loading...
  1. Features are under parental lock despite not being in a Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Features are under

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  10. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings: Hello there, As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there. The only thing I can see is that the PC I'm...