Feature idea Storage

Discus and support Feature idea Storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Default install location dedicated for One,360,Xbox games Separate from system wide Default install location. This way we can use a external SSD/HHD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrDKGE, Oct 10, 2020.

  1. MrDKGE
    MrDKGE Guest

    Feature idea Storage


    Default install location dedicated for One,360,Xbox games Separate from system wide Default install location.

    This way we can use a external SSD/HHD for those games that don't need the Velocity Architecture.

    Without manually moving.

    :)
     
    MrDKGE, Oct 10, 2020
    #1
  2. tohellnbak Win User

    Storage space idea

    just buy an external for a buck or so and use it that way.... or do what some others do.. delete the games you no longer play... will I ever play peggle 2 or D4 again?? probably not... guess what DELETE
  3. Mr Boozyhead Win User

    Storage space idea

    An external hard yes is probably the way forward but that's not the point.....

    Deleting the game isn't the way forward as I said I like to play online now and again but I'm hardly going to delete a 50gb game and then wait for it to reinstall when I fancy a quick game of cod....

    Personally I think the option should be there and I can't see why it shouldn't be?
  4. stevenicks Win User

    Storage space idea

    good question ..

    I'm guessing it depends on how big the game engine is ?

    not sure if the game engine is the bulk of the game and if the single player scene's are just scripted pulling/rendering objects as and when needed and all ready part of the game engine it's self ? you would still need the maps for online and of cause the
    game engine its self.

    so how much of the bulk the campaign part takes up wouldn't know ... just a guess which could be totally wrong lol
  5. Hordie Win User

    How about creating an application that will migrate games that are installed on the internal hard drive to an external hard drive?

    hI UnlikePuma98739,

    You can already move games from the internal to the external drives. Go to your game tile, select manage game, then storage, and you can move it from your internal to your external drive. Also, if it's not set already you can have games install to the external
    drive by default. See this link for more information.

    If you have suggestions for features that are not no the One, go to this feedback site and submit your ideas there. If your idea is there, Up-Vote it. The more votes something gets the better chances
    of MS adding the feature.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

    Xbox One Idea/Feature: Reminder Feature

    All that would be needed is an app that uses the notification system. I can definitely see this happening, the only question I have is, who would create/maintain the app?
Thema:

Feature idea Storage

Loading...
  1. Feature idea Storage - Similar Threads - Feature idea Storage

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Mythic Achievements, One of our Most Player-Requested Features: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. A idea towards a new feature to xbox app

    in XboX Insiders
    A idea towards a new feature to xbox app: the idea I have if wonderful if yall add to let us know before the gamepass or live goes out ahead of time submitted by /u/Mindless-Status9070 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas: 1) Notification that triggers on phone via the Xbox app to input text via phone when the on screen keyboard appears on the Xbox. Currently you can input text already via the Xbox app, but the...