Favourite friends not popping up with a notification when coming online?

Discus and support Favourite friends not popping up with a notification when coming online? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Anyone else having this issue atm both the xbox and the app when one of my favourites comes online I don't get a notification anymore. No settings have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/THUND3R_4, May 20, 2023.

1. /u/THUND3R_4
    /u/THUND3R_4 Guest

Anyone else having this issue atm both the xbox and the app when one of my favourites comes online I don't get a notification anymore. No settings have been changed recently. Beta ring.

submitted by /u/THUND3R_4
    [link] [comments]

/u/THUND3R_4, May 20, 2023
  2. DigitalAssassin Win User

I need help there is a problem with my account

Hey there, sounds like you might have them on your favourites list if a notification pops up when they're online:

support.xbox.com/.../add-friend-to-favorites

I believe if they're not in your favourites, then you shouldn't be seeing a notification for them.
  3. SirSkunkalot Win User

Friend Sign in Notifications Not Working

The freinds online notifications are only for your favorite friends.

set any friends you want to be notified about coming online to favourite.

and you will be notified when they come online
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

No friend notification , April update

They work for me. I have it set to favourites only and they work every time.

The SmartGlass beta doesn't display notifications when favourite friends come online though, even though I have it set to do so. I get notifications in it when someone sends me a message, so the notifications are working - just not for friends coming online.
    It is a beta though, so maybe that's not working properly right now.
  5. smileskybird Win User

"New Followers" Notification is Not Working For Me

Since Xbox 1 Launched, for me, the dash brings up a pop up box even when X friends come online. We're no longer friends and not following each other, yet the dash always shows a pop up notification when they come online. I agree with Lei Fang, it must be
    a glitch. I like like the Windows 10 feel of Xbox 1's UI which it has now, but I'm still getting those notifications of when X friends come online.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Blocked user keeps coming up as online in notifications

That seems like a strange issue, I don't really know what could be causing it, but there's a simple workaround just in case there isn't a way to fix it. If you set your online notifications to only pop when favourites come online, it should eliminate the
    issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/pop-up-notifications

Click on the "Friends and Broadcasts" tab, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Show for" and switch it from "All Friends" to "Favourites only".

Also, double check your friends list, it's possible that blocking somebody might not remove them from your friends list (I would have assumed that block would also delete them, but you never know these days).
Thema:

1. Favourite friends not popping up with a notification when coming online? - Similar Threads - Favourite friends popping

2. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  3. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  4. Not able to see all friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not able to see all friends: On my profile it says I have 7 following but I only follow 5 people and it won’t let me see the other 2 people that I apparently follow. Any fix of this would be great...
  5. I want to talk to my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to talk to my friend: So i got suspended on xbox because i cussed at this guy for greiefing because also he did this about 3 times and it got annoying and i promise i wont do it again i just really want to talk to my...
  6. My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend cant redeem the gift i sent him on xbox: I have sent my friend this code today, and when he tries to claim it on the xbox store, it says he needs to claim it on the microsoft store, and then it tells him to try and claim it on the...
  7. When will Xbox notifications start working for favourites coming online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Xbox notifications start working for favourites coming online?: Normally when people on my favourites list come online I get a notification but for the past few months I no longer get notified. This is an issue for my other friends as well. My question is,...
  8. Favourites notifications not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Favourites notifications not working?: I’d say since around April time my notifications for favourites stopped working, I don’t get them on my phone either. Sometimes on the app I get message notifications and other times I don’t. I’ve...
  9. Notifications for favourite friends not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Notifications for favourite friends not working: I am no longer getting notifications when favourite friends get online. Reading forums I am not the only one but am not seeing anything from MS that acknowledges the issue. I have tried resetting...
  10. Favourite notifications for both Xbox Series S and App not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Favourite notifications for both Xbox Series S and App not working.: Hello, I’m actually not sure if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me. I think it could be a bug and I’m just the unlucky one ha. Both my console Series S and Xbox App (I have iPhone 12)...